26 Sep 2016 − The closure of the 90,000 tpy pulp line will result in a workforce reduction of approximatly 100 positions.
23 Sep 2016 − Brown kraftliner manufacturers failed to implement the second step of the planned price hike on the market in Germany although availability on the September market is reportedly reduced.
21 Sep 2016 − Coreboard manufacturers are opting for more price hikes for deliveries as of October.
- WFU paper prices in Italy continue to decline
- Coreboard prices in Italy slightly up in June
- Downturn in recycled corrugated case material prices comes to a halt in Italy
20 Sep 2016 − Market participants report reduction in export prices for mixed paper and board and old corrugated containers due to slower demand from Asia.
15 Sep 2016 − Stora Enso has announced plans to consolidate corrugated packaging production in Finland. The company plans to shut down Heinola corrugated site and transfer production to Lahti.
- Stora Enso invests in fluff pulp capacity at Skutskär mill
- Stora Enso to close and divest Suzhou paper mill
- Stora Enso to sell Kabel magazine paper mill in Germany
13 Sep 2016 − Several sack kraft paper producers have taken advantage of the good order situation and the tight supply to announce price increases for unbleached grades, usually with effect from October.
09 Sep 2016 − Vinda has commissioned three new machines in China, increasing its tissue capacities by 90,000 tpy. With the move, overall capacities climb to more than one million tpy.
07 Sep 2016 − Overcapacity led to a renewed price drop for hardwood pulp in August. Softwood pulp prices did not change against the background of a quiet month.
- Slight mark-ups introduced for NBSK in June
- Falling dollar-denominated pulp prices cannot compensate for slide in euro
- No further increase in brown kraftliner prices in Germany
06 Sep 2016 − Although order intake improved from the middle of August, the French market for woodfree coated paper has been hit by sluggish demand and pressure on prices throughout the summer.
- France: Prices for ordinary RCP grades slightly down in September
- Downward trend for most magazine paper prices in France in July
- Ordinary RCP grades in France move down
05 Sep 2016 − Europac's Spanish Dueñas site will be modernised and expanded. The company plans to invest €35m in the plant and implement several optimisation measures, which will, amongst others, increase its capacities
- 2.6% increase in Spain's paper production in 2015
- SAICA acquires Centroplast Group
- DS Smith to increase capacities at Torrejón plant by over 50%