05 Mar 2014 − Many prices are tending lower on the titanium dioxide market in Western Europe. TiO2 suppliers report good orders from the varnish and paint producers and stable demand from the decor paper industry.
04 Mar 2014 − While negotiations on the newsprint market continued to drag on in Italy, prices for magazine paper have been settled in February. Market players report a drop in LWC prices amid weak demand and excess supply.
03 Mar 2014 − Prinzhorn Holding of Austria is to acquire Papierfabrik Fritz Peters in Germany and its recycled corrugated case material plant in Gelsenkirchen for an undisclosed sum.
28 Feb 2014 − UPM invests €160m in Kymi pulp mill to strengthen its position in the growing end use segments of the global pulp market.
- UPM announces closure of Docelles fine paper mill − 22 Jan 2014
- UPM abandons plan to sell Docelles mill − 04 Dec 2013
- UPM and Canfor Pulp enter into pulp sales cooperation − 08 Nov 2013
26 Feb 2014 − Commission says the companies provided misleading market information in their merger case
- Suominen acquires Ahlstrom’s Paulínia nonwovens plant − 10 Jan 2014
- Ahlstrom splits up Food and Medical Business − 13 Dec 2013
- Ahlstrom/Munksjö transaction takes next steps − 27 May 2013
French brown recycled containerboard prices unchanged, downward pressure threatens to emerge in March
25 Feb 2014 − Paper manufacturers report customers calling for reductions on recycled containerboard prices to ease input cost pressure.
25 Feb 2014 − Union members in the corrugated packaging sector in the UK are voting on possible industrial action in a dispute over pay.
- Mark-ups not for all customers on the UK GC board market − 18 Feb 2014
- Moderate price increases for newsprint emerge in the UK − 23 Jan 2014
- Prices for SC paper in the UK set to increase − 10 Dec 2013
21 Feb 2014 − Newfoundland and Labrador provincial government is making repayable contribution to Kruger's newsprint subsidiary Corner Brook Pulp and Paper to support sustainability and secure the future of the mill.
- Holmen CEO Magnus Hall steps down − 13 Feb 2014
- No end to price talks on the Italian newsprint market in January − 04 Feb 2014
- GNP takes several weeks of downtime at newsprint mill − 27 Jan 2014
20 Feb 2014 − Negotiations on the magazine paper market in Germany have finally come to a close in February. Prices for coated magazine paper have seen a downward correction in new contracts. In the case of SC paper, sellers...
- Virgin fibre containerboard with signs of weakness in Germany − 04 Feb 2014
- Higher prices on Germany's label paper market in January − 28 Jan 2014
- SEPA migration spurs demand for envelope paper in Germany − 22 Jan 2014
19 Feb 2014 − Combination of Benson Group and Graphic Packaging's European business is said to create a stronger player in the folding carton market in Europe, with annual sales exceeding $700m.
- Prinzhorn takes over containerboard plant from Fritz Peters − 03 Mar 2014
- Paper Excellence to buy Tembec's Chetwynd pulp mill − 18 Feb 2014
- Autajon takes over folding cartons producer Fincarta − 14 Feb 2014