04 May 2016 − No damage to TM 2 and no casualties reported; supplies to customers will not be affected.
03 May 2016 − Sonoco-Alcore may have found a buyer for its Schweighouse coreboard mill in France. The German Federal Cartel Office reports that holding company Mutares is interested in buying it.
- Sonoco-Alcore to sell Schweighouse, France mill
- Metsä Board completes sale of Zanders Gohrsmühle mill to Mutares
- Sequana to sell Arjowiggins Healthcare
03 May 2016 − Prices for coated fine paper are pointing down in Italy due to low demand and strong competition.
- Prices for ordinary RCP grades in Italy start to go up
- Italy reports increase in coated magazine paper prices
- Italy reports softer recycled containerboard prices
02 May 2016 − International Paper has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
02 May 2016 − Corrboard will invest £3.5m in an anaerobic digester and become the UK’s first sheet feeder to be self-sufficient for its power needs.
29 Apr 2016 − Asia Pacific Resources International Limited (APRIL) has signed a MOU with Papier Union and Roxcel worth $50m.
28 Apr 2016 − Stora Enso has decided to commence a feasibility study with the aim of expanding containerboard production at Ostrołęka Mill in Poland by 500,000 tpy
- Stora Enso investing in Consumer Board and Biomaterials divisions
- Stora Enso parts with LWC mill in Brazil
- Stora Enso to increase stake in Inpac Packaging to 90%
27 Apr 2016 − Mondi Group has completed the acquisition of Polish sheet plant Simet and intends to install a corrruagor at the site.
26 Apr 2016 − An unnamed group of investors has withdrawn from talks about the possible sale of Papierfabrik Walsum.
- Insolvent Walsum paper mill in talks with potential buyer
- Papierfabrik Walsum resumes LWC production
- LWC manufacturer Papierfabrik Walsum files for insolvency
26 Apr 2016 − Germany investment firm Schaeff Group has bought Papierfabrik Scheufelen and wants to push forward the expansion of Scheufelen’s premium board business.
- Mutares to take over Sonoco's Schweighouse mill
- International Paper to acquire Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business for $2.2 bn
- UPM divests Schwedt newsprint mill to LEIPA