20 Jan 2017 − The project of recommissioning the Mantua mill in Italy is progressing. Pro-Gest reported that installation work for the 500,000 tpy containerboard machine has started.
- Pro-Gest postpones start-up of Mantua mill
- Pro-Gest concludes Ondulati Giusti takeover
- Pro-Gest makes winning bid in auction for recycling plant
19 Jan 2017 − The Andritz-supplied folding boxboard production line has an production capacity of 220,000 tpy and is scheduled for start-up in the first quarter 2019.
- Stora Enso shelves plans for Beihai hardwood pulp mill
- GC suppliers willing to compromise on pricing next year in Germany
- Prices for GD board softening in Italy in July
19 Jan 2017 − Stora Enso is reconsidering its plans to build a 900,000 tpy bleached eucalyptus pulp mill at the Beihai production site in the Chinese Province of Guangxi.
18 Jan 2017 − Production is running again at Munksjö's specialty paper mill in France. Employees had downed tools for ten days.
- Ahlstrom and Munksjö announce €2.2bn merger
- Ontex opens new incontinence products facility in France
- Producers aim for SC paper price hike in France
18 Jan 2017 − The combination of businesses of GELE and ITEDI would reportedly create the leading player in the Italian media and newspaper publishing sector with annual sales of approximately €750m.
- Palm Paper says PM 7 at King's Lynn newsprint plant expected to run at full capacity soon
- Norske Skog remains committed to tissue project at Bruck mill, plans €30/t price hike for newsprint in Europe in 2017
- Major blaze at Palm Paper newsprint mill in King's Lynn, UK
17 Jan 2017 − NaOH producers quarrel with increasing costs and low mark-ups in 2016; say reduced supply supportive of higher prices.
17 Jan 2017 − Alizay paper mill produces uncoated woodfree offset and office paper and recycled copy paper. The decision to temporarily halt paper production was triggered by high inventory levels, according to Filpac CGT trade...
16 Jan 2017 − Fine paper producer Lecta confirms that it has engaged advisors to explore a potential strategic corporate transaction.
16 Jan 2017 − More recycled corrugated case material manufacturers are set to increase their prices for brown packaging paper grades. The companies cite current good demand as the main reason for price hikes.
- Pro-Gest starts with installation of new containerboard PM in Mantua
- Schoellershammer to increase prices for brown RCCM
- Matías Gomá Tomás in Spain to increase CCM capacity
13 Jan 2017 − Coated fine paper market needs consolidation, market insiders say