03 Jul 2015 − Fire halts woodfree uncoated and specialty paper production at Fedrigoni's paper mill in Verona. Situation under control, the company says.
02 Jul 2015 − Corruseal-deal includes the Enstra mill premises and recycled containerboard and kraft paper operations at the site. The existing security paper, office, specialty and folio businesses will remain with Sappi.
- Czech government announces tender process for Vipap
- Paloma launches €15m capital increase
- Czech government to sell Slovenia's newsprint manufacturer Vipap Videm
30 Jun 2015 − Rising recovered paper prices have left their mark on Italy's coreboard market, with coreboard prices heading higher in the second quarter.
29 Jun 2015 − Russian supplier of fine and packaging paper Arkhangelsk Pulp and Paper Mill is ramping up production at its new semicellulose (SC) pulp mill.
- Rottneros to invest in expanding pulp capacity
- Vietracimex to build pulp mill in Vietnam
- IP to expand fluff pulp capacity at Riegelwood mill
25 Jun 2015 − Packaging provider DS Smith Plc has reached an agreement to buy the corrugated activities of Grupo Lantero for €190m. With this acquisition, DS Smithwill increase its market share in Spain to approximately 10 per cent.
- EU Commission clears acquisition of Duropack by DS Smith
- DS Smith to acquire Duropack for €300m
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
24 Jun 2015 − Strong pound sterling is keeping prices in check in many market segments.
23 Jun 2015 − After the erosion in prices for northern bleached softwood kraft (NBSK) pulp has come to a halt in May, producers believe they have a good chance of getting higher prices accepted this month.
23 Jun 2015 − Some suppliers of recycled corrugated case material announced price increases in the UK in July.
22 Jun 2015 − UPM has stopped production at the PM 3 of its Chapelle Darblay mill in France. As a result, 130,000 tpy of newsprint capacity are taken from the market.
- UPM to slash publication paper capacity by 800,000 t
- Renova to build tissue products mill in France
- SCA to part with hygiene products site in France
19 Jun 2015 − With the acquisition of Jardin Corrugated Cases, Logson Group, UK’s largest independent supplier of corrugated packaging, takes the first step into the integrated sector.
- SCA plans closure of tissue machine at Stubbins mill
- First suitors for Tullis Russell
- SKG to sell part of its Solidboard and Graphicboard operations