18 Dec 2014 − Capacity closures in the publication paper market seem to offer almost no relief from the price pressure on publication paper in France.
- Price cuts for ordinary recovered paper grades in France
- France: newsprint prices heading lower mid-year
- More price cuts for brown recycled containerboard on the French market
17 Dec 2014 − Manufacturers report upswing in corn and wheat starch markets, little movement in the potato starch market.
- Western European starch market showing tendency towards rising prices
- Starch buyers demand price cuts for Q4
- Thermal paper prices are on a downward trend in Europe
16 Dec 2014 − A previous attempt by Stora Enso to divest the Uetersen mill to Austria's Brigl & Bergmeister was unsuccessful due to the German Federal Cartel Office expressing its reservations against the merger.
16 Dec 2014 − Good demand for coreboard has given manufacturers in Italy the possibility to raise prices in the fourth quarter. Some had already implemented mark-ups in September.
- Mixed paper prices in Italy down on ample supply
- Coreboard prices edge higher on the Italian market in September
- Producers want to charge more for CWF paper in Italy
12 Dec 2014 − Graphic Packaging Holding Company announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Graphic Packaging International, Inc., has agreed to acquire several folding carton converting and paperboard mill assets from Cascades'...
10 Dec 2014 − Loss-making Gohrsmuehle label and cast coated paper mill in Germany up for sale.
10 Dec 2014 − The Paper Excellence subsidiary cuts coated fine paper capacity from 300,000 tpy to 140,000 tpy.
- Scheufelen to cut its output capacity
- Stora Enso sells Uetersen mill to German private equity Perusa
- Metsä Board to boost cartonboard capacity and exit paper production in Husum
09 Dec 2014 − Early December revealed that many market players were right about the forecasts they had made at the end of November for monthly contracts in Europe: Hardwood pulp prices continued to increase this month.
- Currency effects thwart price hike plans for pulp
- Price increase for hardwood pulp being ruled out for September
- No prospect of a turnaround on the European pulp market in July
09 Dec 2014 − Paper mills are striving to maintain current prices in negotiations of 2015 magazine paper prices in Germany, but are facing heavy competition.
08 Dec 2014 − Resolute Forest Products will close down its Iroquois Falls mill and two paper machines in Canada. This will reduce the company's newsprint capacities by 465,000 t.