02 Sep 2014 − With a slight delay compared to the continental markets, manufacturers are attempting to introduce a hike in prices of recycled corrugated case material in the UK as well. A few negotiations were still underway at the...
- Accrol Papers to build own paper mill in the UK
- Multi Packaging Solutions buys Armstrong Packaging
- Elliott Baxter and Co. Ltd. buys Cell Limited
29 Aug 2014 − Norske Skog’s Skogn mill has restarted newsprint production on its PM 2 after a nine-week downtime. 30,000 t of paper were taken from the market, the company says.
- Norske Skog starts sale of PM 4 at Walsum
- Norske Skog to sell its stake in Brazilian newsprint mill
- Norske Skog to shut down PM 4 at Walsum for good
28 Aug 2014 − Mondi will idle one of two specialty paper machines at its Lohja mill in Finland. The paper is used to make release liners. Up to 75 employees will lose their jobs as a result of the closure, according to the company.
27 Aug 2014 − After switching production from coated to uncoated fine paper at the beginning of the year, Burgo has now completely shut down production at its Avezzano mill.
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
- Burgo to invest €250m in the next five years
- Pro-Gest and IP show interest in Burgo's Mantua mill
26 Aug 2014 − Producer's attempts to raise recycled containerboard prices in August were partly successful in Germany. Most prices were up although not by the desired amount.
25 Aug 2014 − Sonoco will add 13 production facilities in nine countries to its operations by acquiring German Weidenhammer Packaging Group. The acquisition will create a global leader in rigid paper packaging, says the company.
- Sonoco Alcore doubles core capacity in Russia
- Scheufelen to cut its output capacity
- Papierfabrik Schoellershammer to double recycled containerboard capacity
22 Aug 2014 − The recovered paper warehouse of International Paper's Kwidzyn mill in Poland was hit by a fire. The company says that newsprint production was not affected by the incident.
- International Paper to close Courtland fine paper mill
- Hanke Tissue to commission new TM in late March
- ICT considering third tissue machine for Polish site
20 Aug 2014 − Despite good capacity utilisation rates, producers of hygiene paper were rarely successful in their attempts to increase prices during the second quarter.
19 Aug 2014 − Amcor Tobacco Packaging will close the German plant in Neumünster by the end of 2014, but announced to build a greenfield tobacco packaging facility in Indonesia.
- Careo to rebuild board machine in Santa Giustina
- Caraustar to take over Newark Group
- RockTenn to separate paper and packaging businesses
18 Aug 2014 − Pratt Industries has placed an order with Valmet for the supply of a containerboard paper machine at the greenfield paper mill in Valparaiso, USA.