13 Dec 2013 − With effect from 1 January, 2014 Ahlstrom will divide the Food and Medical Business Area in two: Food Business Area and Medical Business Area. In conjunction with the change in the business area structure, there will...
- Ahlstrom/Munksjö transaction takes next steps − 27 May 2013
- Ahlstrom now produces low-grammage papers in Stenay − 15 Apr 2013
- UPM to restructure Wood Sourcing and Forestry activities − 24 Oct 2013
12 Dec 2013 − The Lecta Group has announced the sale of its merchanting business in Argentina in order to concentrate its merchanting activity in its domestic markets in Southern Europe.
- Lecta slips in the red in H1 2013 − 02 Sep 2013
- Condat's PM 6 to be shut down at the beginning of July − 20 Jun 2013
- Paperlinx and Deutsche Papier file antitrust complaint against Sappi in Germany − 04 Dec 2013
11 Dec 2013 − The proposed end of waste regulation for recovered paper has been rejected by the European Parliament. Recovered paper can therefore not be classified as a product prior to its use in a paper mill.
- EP votes to support objections to eow Regulation − 12 Nov 2013
- Price stability reported on the Polish recovered paper market in November − 05 Dec 2013
- Plans afoot to restart Vertaris mill − 13 Nov 2013
10 Dec 2013 − Talks on the new contracts for magazine papers in the UK are still underway. Chances for a price increase for SC papers seem a "real issue", while price rises for LWC papers are more of a challenge.
10 Dec 2013 − Two pulp producers unexpectedly announced higher pulp prices for 1 January, 2014.
- NBSK price hikes seen as certain − 22 Oct 2013
- Gap between NBSK and BEK prices will continue to widen in the future − 10 Sep 2013
- BEK pulp prices under pressure in July − 14 Aug 2013
10 Dec 2013 − One month ahead of schedule, Zellstoff Pöls AG successfully started up the new paper machine at its Pöls mill.
09 Dec 2013 − Investment AB Kinnevik has sold 51.8 million shares in BillerudKorsnäs, mostly to Swedish institutions. Frapag Beteiligungsholding AG is now the largest shareholder in BillerudKorsnäs with 15.5% of the votes.
06 Dec 2013 − Pipe damage has caused a production stoppage at Fortress Paper's Thurso pulp mill in Quebec. The site is not expected to reopen before 10 December.
- Fortress Paper rethinking FGC dissolving pulp project − 16 May 2013
- Glatfelter to acquire Dresden Papier from Fortress Paper − 13 Mar 2013
- Tembec to sell Skookumchuck mill to Paper Excellence − 27 Mar 2013
05 Dec 2013 − No year-end downtime scheduled in the recycled paper industry in Poland. December demand for RCP expected to be good.
04 Dec 2013 − Paperlinx is calling on German antitrust regulators to investigate Sappi Europe, saying the paper manufacturer is restricting Paperlinx's customer choice in indent business. Sappi is rejecting the accusations as...