27 Mar 2015 − Hamburger Containerboard, part of Austrian Prinzhorn Holding group, announced that it would build a new 450,000 tpy paper machine for recycled containerboard.
26 Mar 2015 − Prices for white sack kraft paper remain untouched in the first quarter 2015.
25 Mar 2015 − All operations at the Dutch specialty paper manufacturer suspended until further notice.
- Thermal paper prices are on a downward trend in Europe
- Mondi to close Silicart release liner plant in Italy
- Nordic Paper with new majority owner
24 Mar 2015 − The prevailing topic in the UK recovered paper market in March was the abrupt closure of Aylesford Newsprint, which triggered a noticeable drop in prices of deinking grades and mixed paper.
- Board prices in the UK under pressure
- UK government presses ahead with plain cigarette packaging
- Newsprint prices slashed in the UK at the beginning of 2015
23 Mar 2015 − Schur Pack Germany is currently investing almost €70m in a new folding box facility.
- Hamburger to build new testliner machine
- SCA inaugurates its first tissue mill in India
- Leipa to install another containerboard machine at its Schwedt mill
19 Mar 2015 − Following a three-day strike two weeks ago, workers at Lecta's Papeteries de Condat mill in France have downed tools again. Coated woodfree paper production is currently standing still.
- Lecta to invest €34 million in Leitza mill
- Lecta to close Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Torraspapel negotiates closure of Sarrià de Ter paper mill
18 Mar 2015 − Fiskeby Holding has stopped the sales process for its subsidiary Fiskeby Board in Sweden. The company therefore remains the owner of the board plant with a capacity of 170,000 tpy.
- Bong concludes restructuring process in Sweden
- BillerudKorsnäs increases production capacity of brown sack paper
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
18 Mar 2015 − Prices for woodfree uncoated paper in Germany might go up soon. Manufacturers announced a price hike with effect from April at the latest and are optimistic about their chances to realise it.
12 Mar 2015 − US imported around 1.1 million t (1.2 million sh. t) of SC paper from Canada last year, representing 88% of total SC paper imports in 2014.
- Clearwater Paper sells five tissue mills to Dunn Paper
- MPS to acquire Presentation Products Group
- Smurfit Kappa to buy Bates Container
10 Mar 2015 − Titanium dioxide producers would like to see their prices go up in the second quarter. Converters, however, do not think these price plans will be successful since supply is high and availability good.