12 Sep 2014 − SCA’s agreement with Vinda to transfer its hygiene business in China (Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau) has today been approved by the independent shareholders of Vinda.
- SCA profits up on strong tissue business and cost savings
- Youbisheng Green Paper plans to file for insolvency
- Lee & Man commissions new PM for recycled CCM
10 Sep 2014 − According to information from the FSC working group Germany, FSC International is waiving compulsory use of the Online Claims Platform (OCP).
09 Sep 2014 − After the latest round of price negotiations the price picture for brown recycled containerboard in Germany at the beginning of September is transparent: prices have gone up, but implementation dates vary.
- Sonoco to acquire Weidenhammer Packaging Group
- Scheufelen to cut its output capacity
- Papierfabrik Schoellershammer to double recycled containerboard capacity
08 Sep 2014 − After the launch of its Forest Conservation Policy in 2013, which was responding to repeated allegations made by several NGOs that Indonesia’s Asia Pulp and Paper Group (APP) is illegally clearing tropical rainforests,...
- Indonesia investigates rising coated fine paper imports
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
- No prospect of a turnaround on the European pulp market in July
04 Sep 2014 − Resolute Forest Products Inc. announced the permanent closure of its Laurentide paper mill in Shawinigan, Quebec. The restart of a competitor's mill at the end of 2012, the high cost of fiber, as well as higher...
- Resolute Forest Products to permanently close Fort Frances Mill
- Resolute to Invest USD105 million at Calhoun Paper Mill
- Irving Pulp and Paper to modernise Canadian pulp mill
02 Sep 2014 − With a slight delay compared to the continental markets, manufacturers are attempting to introduce a hike in prices of recycled corrugated case material in the UK as well. A few negotiations were still underway at the...
- Accrol Papers to build own paper mill in the UK
- Multi Packaging Solutions buys Armstrong Packaging
- Elliott Baxter and Co. Ltd. buys Cell Limited
29 Aug 2014 − Norske Skog’s Skogn mill has restarted newsprint production on its PM 2 after a nine-week downtime. 30,000 t of paper were taken from the market, the company says.
- Norske Skog starts sale of PM 4 at Walsum
- Norske Skog to sell its stake in Brazilian newsprint mill
- Norske Skog to shut down PM 4 at Walsum for good
28 Aug 2014 − Mondi will idle one of two specialty paper machines at its Lohja mill in Finland. The paper is used to make release liners. Up to 75 employees will lose their jobs as a result of the closure, according to the company.
27 Aug 2014 − After switching production from coated to uncoated fine paper at the beginning of the year, Burgo has now completely shut down production at its Avezzano mill.
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
- Burgo to invest €250m in the next five years
- Pro-Gest and IP show interest in Burgo's Mantua mill
26 Aug 2014 − Producer's attempts to raise recycled containerboard prices in August were partly successful in Germany. Most prices were up although not by the desired amount.