23 Apr 2014 − Buyers are paying more for label papers as of the first quarter. Manufacturers are still not satisfied with current price levels and do not rule out further price hikes in the third quarter.
- Corrugated board industry laments poor earnings in Germany − 18 Mar 2014
- Recycled containerboard prices in Germany tending downwards − 11 Mar 2014
- New contracts for magazine paper in Germany finalised − 20 Feb 2014
22 Apr 2014 − Groupe Gascogne has signed an agreement with its debtors which provides for a restructuring of industrial activities, a strengthening of the company’s equity capital and a restructuring of debt.
- Delion to restart production at former Vertaris mill − 11 Mar 2014
- Employee takeover of Docelles mill fails − 07 Mar 2014
- Autajon takes over folding cartons producer Fincarta − 14 Feb 2014
16 Apr 2014 − Temporary recovered paper shortage in Spain brings new buyers to France.
15 Apr 2014 − UPM and Aviretta have reached an agreement on the sale of a production facility at the Ettringen site. This means that the re-build of PM 4 could start soon.
11 Apr 2014 − Wizernes and Charvines paper mills in France up for sale. Information and consultation process with employee representatives already underway.
- Arjowiggins to sell US Coated division; mulls selling or closing Wizernes coated paper mill in France − 10 Apr 2014
- Arjowiggins sells its Casting paper commercial business including dedicated finishing equipment to Favini − 07 Nov 2013
- Antalis signs contract to acquire Xerox's Western European office paper distribution business − 27 Sep 2013
Arjowiggins to sell US Coated division; mulls selling or closing Wizernes coated paper mill in France
10 Apr 2014 − Sequana is working to reduce Arjowiggins' exposure to standard coated paper and strengthen company's position in recycled paper in Europe.
10 Apr 2014 − The end is nearing for Cascades’s only Swedish site. The company has set a date for the closure of its Djupafors cartonboard plant which has a capacity of 60,000 tpy.
- Cascades increases stake in Reno de Medici to 57.6% − 18 Jun 2013
- Cascades Djupafors to halt FBB production for three weeks − 15 May 2013
- Holmen CEO Magnus Hall steps down − 13 Feb 2014
09 Apr 2014 − Start-up of the Montes del Plata BEK pulp mill has been postponed once again. The company is waiting for Uruguay's enviromental agency DINAMA to give the go-ahead.
- Stora Enso and Arauco postpone start up of Montes del Plata pulp mill − 12 Sep 2013
- Stora Enso splits Renewable Packaging division in three − 21 Mar 2014
- Production halted at Stora Enso's Corbehem plant − 10 Feb 2014
08 Apr 2014 − Russia's holding company Sistema is taking over sack kraft and paper sack manufacturer Segezha from the Bank of Moscow. The acquisition is scheduled for closure by the end of Q3 2014.
- Bank of Moscow acquires Segezha pulp and paper mill − 05 Sep 2013
- No change in sack kraft paper prices in Germany − 04 Jul 2013
- Billerud Korsnäs sells PM 2 of its Gävle mill to Swed Paper − 06 May 2013
07 Apr 2014 − China continues with anti-dumping measures on dissolving pulp imports from Brazil, Canada and the USA.
- China calling for more outdated pulp and paper machines to close by year's end − 14 Nov 2013
- SCA bids for Chinese tissue giant Vinda − 09 Sep 2013
- Montes del Plata postpones pulp mill start-up to May − 09 Apr 2014