16 Jan 2017 − More recycled corrugated case material manufacturers are set to increase their prices for brown packaging paper grades. The companies cite current good demand as the main reason for price hikes.
13 Jan 2017 − Coated fine paper market needs consolidation, market insiders say
12 Jan 2017 − Metsä Wood parts with its wood element business; agrees with Lapwall on multi-year delivery contract for laminated veneer lumber and spruce plywood.
- CVC Capital Partners planning to sell or float stake in Lecta, financial news sources report
- Tolko's Manitoba kraft paper and sawmill mill sold to American Industrial Acquisition Corporation
- Ahlstrom to sell Osnabrück paper mill to specialty paper company Kämmerer
11 Jan 2017 − The investment projects are meant to develop new products for packaging, consumer goods and industrial application, and accelerate the company's "transformation into a renewable materials company," says Stora Enso.
10 Jan 2017 − Germany's packaging paper manufacturer Schoellershammer has announced a €60/t price increase for brown recycled corrugated case materials, effective 1 February 2017.
10 Jan 2017 − NBSK and BEK pulp markets in Western Europe ended 2016 on a quiet note with no movement in prices in December.
- Minor fall in hardwood pulp prices while NBSK pulp remains stable
- Slight mark-ups introduced for NBSK in June
- Stora Enso invests in fluff pulp capacity at Skutskär mill
09 Jan 2017 − Antalis has announced the takeover of Irish Swan Paper, Norwegian Gregersen, and Peruvian TFM Industrial.
- Ahlstrom completes sale of Osnabrück plant
- Reno de Medici, Cascades Europe and Careo become one company
- UPM and Northern SC Paper divest Madison Paper Industries' mill assets
04 Jan 2017 − Ahlstrom has sold its German plant in Osnabrück to Kämmerer, which already operates two machines at the site. The plant produces papers for wallcovers, poster papers and release liner.
03 Jan 2017 − Office Depot Europe operates in 14 countries across three main activities and brands and generates annual revenues of approximately €2bn.
02 Jan 2017 − Reno de Medici and Cascades have combined their European businesses. The groups as well as their joint sales company Careo now form one unified company.