10 Feb 2016 − The European Commission says divestment of Office Depot's contract distribution business in Europe is necessary in order to maintain competition in EU's international office supplies market.
10 Feb 2016 − Arti Group to lend "technical and operational support" to Cartiere Pigna until the final go-ahead for the new business plan.
- EC gives conditional approval to Staples-Office Depot deal
- Blackstone eyes takeover of Norske Skog
- Palm submits offer to acquire Ondulati Giusti in Italy
10 Feb 2016 − An incident at the drying section of PM 12 caused a temporary production stoppage at Holmen's Hallsta mill. After a fire in November, production at the mill's PM 11 is also still down.
- PM 11 at Holmen's Hallsta mill to restart in mid-March
- Holmen restarts PM 12 at Hallsta after fire
- Fire hits Holmen Hallsta paper mill
09 Feb 2016 − In view of the healthy demand in Europe and the low stocks, some softwood pulp manufacturers announced price increases from 1 February.
09 Feb 2016 − The Russian Government banned exporting recovered paper for four months with effect from 18 December 2015 and this step has been affecting the Polish market since January.
05 Feb 2016 − Last December, Blackstone's GSO Capital Partners raised its stake in Norske Skog to become the biggest shareholder in the company. Now Blackstone is striving after sole control in the distressed Norwegian paper...
- Walsum postpones insolvency proceedings again
- Walsum Papier insolvency decision postponed to October
- Norske Skog to take more market-related downtime at Skogn newsprint mill
04 Feb 2016 − Portucel Soporcel says year 2015 is a landmark in the company's history. Portucel became a player on the tissue market in Europe under a new strategic development plan.
04 Feb 2016 − New folding boxboard capacities have reached the market. Metsä Board started up its new machine in Husum with a capacity of 400,000 tpy.
- Metsä Board completes sale of Zanders Gohrsmühle mill to Mutares
- PM 12 at Holmen Hallsta down for a few hours
- SCA to shut down PM 2 at Ortviken next week
03 Feb 2016 − Who will become the new owner of corrugated packaging firm Ondulati Giusti? Sources say that Palm submitted a takeover offer. However, Italy's biggest packaging group Pro-Gest has a pre-emption right.
- Pro-Gest to restart Mantua mill next year,
to produce recycled containerboard
- Pro-Gest to acquire Burgo's idled Mantua mill
- Burgo exploring opportunities for PM 2 in Duino
03 Feb 2016 − Newsprint publishers say price targets pursued by paper mills are not appropriate for the German market.
- Krafliner prices decrease in Germany
- Germany reports price cuts for all recovered paper grades in December
- Market players talk lower brown kraftliner prices in Germany