05 Nov 2014 − Determination shown by many a woodfree coated paper manufacturer seems to be finally paying off. The vast majority of customers in Italy has been paying more for coated fine paper since October, reports say.
05 Nov 2014 − A few contract prices for titanium dioxide ended up falling slightly again in negotiations for deliveries in the final quarter of the year.
04 Nov 2014 − Medica Packaging Limited has separated from the Benson Group and became an independent specialist packaging provider.
03 Nov 2014 − Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd has ordered an Advantage DCT 200HS tissue line from Valmet.
31 Oct 2014 − Canadian newsprint and magazine paper producer Catalyst Paper has entered into an agreement to purchase two US paper mills from NewPage for $74.0m.
30 Oct 2014 − BillerudKorsnäs will invest SEK260m to increase the production capacity of brown sack paper in Skärblacka in 2015.
- Investment AB Kinnevik divests shareholdings in BillerudKorsnäs
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
29 Oct 2014 − The decision is taken following consideration of responses made by the companies to the Statement of Objections, presentations at the oral hearing and, in particular, the information provided in response to the...
- Ahlstrom to start co-operation negotiations at Kauttua site
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
- EU Commission sends warning to Munksjö and Ahlstrom
29 Oct 2014 − Fedrigoni's stock market flotation has failed for the time being but "listing on the financial market still remains a strategic objective" for the company.
- Fedrigoni launches stock exchange listing in Italy
- Pro-Gest leases production sites of Ondulati Giusti
- Wepa to invest €50m in new PMs in Marsberg and Lille
28 Oct 2014 − The month of October ushered in lower prices for ordinary recovered paper grades in France, even though no major upheaval had been seen.
- France: newsprint prices heading lower mid-year
- More price cuts for brown recycled containerboard on the French market
- Prices for ordinary RCP grades point down in France
28 Oct 2014 − Pulp manufacturers are feeling the effects of the strong dollar against the euro. Reports from the market say that buyers of NBSK and eucalyptus pulp are standing firm against a price hike.
- Price increase for hardwood pulp being ruled out for September
- No prospect of a turnaround on the European pulp market in July
- Suppliers of hardwood pulp under pressure