06 Dec 2013 − Pipe damage has caused a production stoppage at Fortress Paper's Thurso pulp mill in Quebec. The site is not expected to reopen before 10 December.
- Fortress Paper rethinking FGC dissolving pulp project − 16 May 2013
- Glatfelter to acquire Dresden Papier from Fortress Paper − 13 Mar 2013
- Tembec to sell Skookumchuck mill to Paper Excellence − 27 Mar 2013
05 Dec 2013 − No year-end downtime scheduled in the recycled paper industry in Poland. December demand for RCP expected to be good.
04 Dec 2013 − Paperlinx is calling on German antitrust regulators to investigate Sappi Europe, saying the paper manufacturer is restricting Paperlinx's customer choice in indent business. Sappi is rejecting the accusations as...
04 Dec 2013 − UPM’s mill in Docelles, France, is not going to be sold in the near future, the company is now pursuing the option to close it down.
- First contracts in France concluded for magazine paper and newsprint − 17 Dec 2013
- Papeteries du Léman considering short-time work − 18 Nov 2013
- Plans afoot to restart Vertaris mill − 13 Nov 2013
03 Dec 2013 − The fine paper industry is pretty pleased with the volumes sold in Poland this year, but slim margins and sustained pressure on prices are putting the dampers on this situation.
03 Dec 2013 − Producers' calls for higher recycled corrugated case material prices met with partial success in November amid good market conditions.
02 Dec 2013 − Venezuela’s government steps up inspections at local and international companies to fight rising prices and shortage of goods.
- Smurfit Kappa accelerates Townsend Hook rebuild − 07 May 2013
- Fire hits SKG paper mill in Birmingham − 18 Apr 2013
- SKG invests in corrugated converting equipment in Italy − 02 Apr 2013
29 Nov 2013 − Finnish packaging group Huhtamaki is strengthening its presence in the UK. The company has taken over BCP which is specialised in packaging for the foodservice, confectionery and cosmetics markets.
- Prices for SC paper in the UK set to increase − 10 Dec 2013
- Mark-ups for newsprint and SC paper in the UK expected − 19 Nov 2013
- DS Smith profits up on SCA Packaging acquisition − 05 Jul 2013
27 Nov 2013 − Since supply has improved from September due to higher softwood lumber output, suppliers were only partly successful in pushing through higher prices for sawmill residues in Germany.
27 Nov 2013 − Burgo slates more capacity closure in the woodfree coated paper segment; says CWF paper production at Avezzano mill scheduled for closure in January 2014.
- Burgo to spin off specialty paper division into new company − 22 Nov 2013
- Burgo to temporarily lay off 150 workers at the Sora mill − 08 Oct 2013
- Burgo slates more commercial downtime at Duino mill − 24 Jul 2013