08 Dec 2014 − Resolute Forest Products will close down its Iroquois Falls mill and two paper machines in Canada. This will reduce the company's newsprint capacities by 465,000 t.
05 Dec 2014 − Company pursues strategy to reduce the proportion of its net integration of paper manufacture versus the requirements of its corrugated business.
04 Dec 2014 − Danish packaging supplier Brødrene Hartmann entered into a binding agreement to acquire South American Sanovo Greenpack for DKK300m (approx. €40m).
03 Dec 2014 − Rising competition and flattish demand in POS segment putting pressure on thermal paper prices.
02 Dec 2014 − Order books at most paper mills are well-filled and manufacturers plan to keep paper machines running over the Christmas and New Year holidays.
02 Dec 2014 − Powerflute says Corenso deal will put the company on a solid footing for further growth.
28 Nov 2014 − Multi Packaging Solutions (MPS) has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the Presentation Products Group, a Scottish supplier of gifting products and premium packaging.
- Multi Packaging Solutions buys Armstrong Packaging
- UPM to slash publication paper capacity by 800,000 t
- Essentra to acquire Clondalkin Specialist Packaging Division
27 Nov 2014 − Mondi has announced plans to close down its Silicart plant in Italy which produces silicone-coated release liners. 62 employees are affected by the move.
- Mondi to idle machine for the production of release liner
- Mondi acquires flexible packaging business from Graphic Packaging
- Fedrigoni scraps IPO as market conditions deteriorate
26 Nov 2014 − There will soon be a new owner for SIG Combibloc, one of the largest producers of beverage cartons in the world. Private equity firm Onex plans to acquire the Swiss company for €3.8bn.
25 Nov 2014 − Due to the Euro-US dollar exchange rate development, Euro countries have to pay notably higher prices for pulp in November.
- Pulp manufacturers optimistic about market outlook until year end
- Hardwood pulp prices continue upward trend
- Delion to restart DIP production in Voreppe in mid-2015