11 Oct 2016 − Attempts to raise prices without curbing production are unlikely to be successful, market insiders say.
- Strong order activity on Germany's kraft packaging paper market
- German fine paper market remains sluggish
- No further increase in brown kraftliner prices in Germany
10 Oct 2016 − A fire broke out at Palm Paper's King's Lynn newsprint mill in the UK on Friday 7 October and had reportedly been brought under control by the evening.
- Weaker pound Sterling forcing paper producers to take action
- Producers having hard time increasing WFU paper prices in the UK
- Recovered paper prices still flying high in the UK
10 Oct 2016 − Beepack serves local and international customers offering a range of corrugated packaging for food and agricultural products. The company puts its annual production capacity at 200 million m².
- Mondi to acquire Turkish packaging manufacturer
- Mondi Group completes acquisition of Simet
- Slovakia's government approves €49m in subsidies to Mondi SCP's in Ružomberok
07 Oct 2016 − PM 4 at Natron-Hayat's paper mill in Maglaj has been standing still since a boiler explosion at the end of July.
MEPs vote for tighter safety rules for food contact materials, CEPI, CITPA and FEFCO welcome the vote
07 Oct 2016 − Only 4 out of 17 EU listed food contact materials are currently covered by specific EU wide safety measures. Harmonised rules are needed for all materials in contact with food, say Members of the European Parliament...
06 Oct 2016 − PM 10 at Heinzel's Laakirchen mill will be standing still for ten weeks as from August 2017. The company will then start conversion work on the machine to produce corrugated case material in the future.
05 Oct 2016 − Rotocart's new converting facility in Castelminio di Resana will house five coverting lines and one printing machine. Production start-up is scheduled for April 2017.
05 Oct 2016 − Demand for graphic papers in Germany recovered in September, but did not live up to expectations. In recent years, observers have noted the summer lull has been steadily growing longer and longer.
04 Oct 2016 − Barcelona Carton has added virgin-fibre board to its portfolio. The board producer started production in September. By next year, the company also plans to increase capacity of the machine by 10,000 tpy.
- Saica to take over Americk Packaging
- Europac to modernise and increase capacities in Dueñas
- 2.6% increase in Spain's paper production in 2015
30 Sep 2016 − Tranlin's $2bn production site in Chesterfield County, Virginia, to produce pulp, tissue and fertilisers from wheat straw.
- Ecocis in receivership, production down
- Lenzing to invest in dissolving pulp capacities in Austria and Czech Republic
- Domtar to reduce fluff pulp capacity at Plymouth mill