21 Nov 2014 − South African Ethos Private Equity has entered into an agreement to acquire Nampak’s Tissue, Corrugated and Sacks divisions for a total purchase price of ZAR1.575bn (approx. €114m).
20 Nov 2014 − Private equity fund Special Situations Venture Partners III (SSVP) is the new majority owner of Nordic Paper.
- Stora Enso sells Uetersen mill to German private equity Perusa
- Stora Enso completes sale of Corenso to Powerflute
- Onex to acquire Swiss packaging producer SIG Combibloc
19 Nov 2014 − Expera Specialty Solutions will soon restart operations at the idled Old Town Fuel & Fibre pulp mill in Maine. The company acquired the site with a capacity of 200,000 tpy of NBHK pulp and plans to restore 180 jobs.
- Pratt Industries orders paper machine for greenfield mill
- Resolute to Invest USD105 million at Calhoun Paper Mill
- GNP takes several weeks of downtime at newsprint mill
18 Nov 2014 − UPM's announcement that it will slash its paper output capacity by closing machines including a newsprint PM at its British Shotton Paper mill has left its traces on the British market.
13 Nov 2014 − UPM plans to take 800,000 t of publication paper capacity from the European market. The company will close down one machine each at the mills Chapelle Darblay in France, Shotton in the UK and Jämsänkoski and Kaukas in...
12 Nov 2014 − Essentra plc will acquire Clondalkin Specialist Packaging Division (SPD) for US$455m.
- MPS to acquire Presentation Products Group
- UPM to slash publication paper capacity by 800,000 t
- Medica Packaging separates from Benson Group
11 Nov 2014 − The plunge in prices of hardwood pulp, which started in the European market in the middle of 2013 and continued into the third quarter 2014, appears to have come to a halt for the time being.
- Prices for hardwood pulp heading north in November
- Hardwood pulp prices continue upward trend
- Delion to restart DIP production in Voreppe in mid-2015
10 Nov 2014 − In order to reduce air pollution during the Asia Pacific Economic Forum (APEC) in Beijing, several companies from different sectors were ordered by the government to take a two week downtime. Orient Paper is among these...
- Valmet to supply new tissue line to Lee & Man
- SCA’s transfer of Chinese hygiene business to Vinda approved
- Youbisheng Green Paper plans to file for insolvency
06 Nov 2014 − SCA gives up flexible packaging paper production at the Mannheim mill in order to concentrate on tissue and sanitary paper products.
06 Nov 2014 − The acquisition of Andopack is a customer-led decision; the customers wanted the company to have a greater presence in Spain, says Miles Roberts, CEO of DS Smith.
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
- DS Smith buys Middleton Recycling, Middleton Paper invests in sheeter
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri