28 Apr 2016 − Stora Enso has decided to commence a feasibility study with the aim of expanding containerboard production at Ostrołęka Mill in Poland by 500,000 tpy
- Stora Enso invests in PE extrusion in Imatra
- Stora Enso investing in Consumer Board and Biomaterials divisions
- Stora Enso parts with LWC mill in Brazil
27 Apr 2016 − Mondi Group has completed the acquisition of Polish sheet plant Simet and intends to install a corrruagor at the site.
26 Apr 2016 − An unnamed group of investors has withdrawn from talks about the possible sale of Papierfabrik Walsum.
- Insolvent Walsum paper mill in talks with potential buyer
- Papierfabrik Walsum resumes LWC production
- LWC manufacturer Papierfabrik Walsum files for insolvency
26 Apr 2016 − Germany investment firm Schaeff Group has bought Papierfabrik Scheufelen and wants to push forward the expansion of Scheufelen’s premium board business.
- Spain's Grupo Maculart acquires
packaging producer Estoig Farmacéutic
- Staples and Office Depot scrap merger agreement
- Pro-Gest concludes Ondulati Giusti takeover
26 Apr 2016 − Schwedt mill to be converted to containerboard production. Newsprint operations will be continued under a contract manufacturing agreement between UPM and LEIPA until the end of 2017 at the latest.
- UPM and Leipa close to reaching deal on Schwedt site
- UPM and Leipa in sale and conversion talks on UPM Schwedt newsprint mill
- Leipa's plans for new CCM capacity are being delayed
25 Apr 2016 − Prices for ordinary as well as deinking grades in France have gone up in April thanks to good demand and low arisings.
21 Apr 2016 − Norske Skog says it is revisiting discussions with alternative partners but the partner change has complicated the project. The timeline is extended from spring to year-end 2017.
- Blackstone eyes takeover of Norske Skog
- Walsum postpones insolvency proceedings again
- Walsum Papier insolvency decision postponed to October
20 Apr 2016 − Suppliers complain of poor business on the German market for woodfree coated paper in April.
19 Apr 2016 − Hamburger Rieger will increase the capacity of its plant in Gelsenkirchen, Germany by 70,000 t to 250,000 t.
19 Apr 2016 − The German market has seen mark-ups for the ordinary recovered paper grades and especially for mixed paper due to good demand and converters filling up their inventories.