European paper industry lodges complaint against Turkish import licensing on EU exports of office paper
27 Apr 2017 − CEPI says EU must ensure fair competition at bilateral and WTO level
25 Apr 2017 − After lengthy discussions, players in the German market for coldset newsprint agreed to leave last year's prices unchanged in 2017.
25 Apr 2017 − Thanks to a good order situation, recycled containerboard pries in France have gone up again in April. This is the third price increase in three months.
- In France, recovered paper prices remain on an upward path in March
- Uncoated fine paper prices to go up in France
- Significant mark-ups for ordinary grades on French RCP market
24 Apr 2017 − Sequana has announced further details on the planned IPO of its Antalis subsidiary. The company plans to distribute around 13 million Antalis shares to its shareholders.
20 Apr 2017 − Corrugated board producer Prowell has announced a considerable expansion project. The company plans to increase corrugated sheet board capacities by 250,000 tpy in the medium term by building two new plants in Italy and...
19 Apr 2017 − Mixed paper demand from China has plummeted dramatically, in particular in the wake of a new importing policy in China. Prices plunged by up to £50-60 during last two weeks of March.
18 Apr 2017 − After selling assets of the Madison paper mill in Maine, USA, UPM and Northern SC Paper are now planning to sell the hydro power facilities at the site as well.
- UPM to cut up to 108 jobs in Europe
- UPM to switch off PM 3 at Steyrermühl end of March
- UPM and Northern SC Paper divest Madison Paper Industries' mill assets
13 Apr 2017 − Klingele Papierwerke will participate with 26% in an investment plan aimed at strengthening Peterson's position in the market.
12 Apr 2017 − Cartiera Ariete will increase the annual production capacity by some 8,000 t of tissue. Start up of the new TM scheduled for July this year.
- Toscotec to supply new tissue machine to Eurovast
- Georgia-Pacific announces $400m investment, to install new tissue machine
- Wepa to take over Van Houtum
11 Apr 2017 − Price increases have been negotiated in the first quarter 2017 in many sectors of Poland's paper and board market.
- Poland's paper and board markets started off the new year with mixed results
- Graphic paper prices under pressure in Poland
- Kraftliner prices with upward trend in Poland in July