25 Sep 2014 − Kruger is to reduce its annual production capacity by 100,000 t, in a response to falling demand for newsprint.
24 Sep 2014 − Starch prices in Western Europe are under pressure. Buyers ask for cuts in the fourth quarter in response to falling raw material prices.
23 Sep 2014 − Coreboard in Germany could become more expensive as from the beginning of October. A price hike has been officially announced but according to reports not all converters have been informed of such a move.
23 Sep 2014 − Amidst lively demand and scant supply, prices for brown recycled corrugated case material in the UK went up in September.
22 Sep 2014 − Cascades will disclose additional information about the production start-up at Norampac and Greenpac mills as soon as it is known.
- Cascades exits fine and security paper business
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
- Smurfit Kappa to buy Bates Container
19 Sep 2014 − Spanish Sarriopapel y Celulosa, which is part of the Lecta group, is going to invest €34 million in the Leitza mill in northern Spain.
- Lecta to close Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Torraspapel negotiates closure of Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Lecta divests Merchanting Business in Argentina
18 Sep 2014 − The Wepa Group will be investing in two tissue paper machines with a combined total capacity of 64,000 tons annually.
16 Sep 2014 − Many manufacturers as well as the interviewed converters currently see no possibility at all for mark-ups on BHKP.
- No prospect of a turnaround on the European pulp market in July
- Suppliers of hardwood pulp under pressure
- Prices for BEK pulp under pressure in spite of brisk demand
16 Sep 2014 − Negotiations about proposed price increases for unbleached kraftliner are still in progress in Germany.
12 Sep 2014 − SCA’s agreement with Vinda to transfer its hygiene business in China (Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau) has today been approved by the independent shareholders of Vinda.
- Youbisheng Green Paper plans to file for insolvency
- Lee & Man commissions new PM for recycled CCM
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China