15 Nov 2016 − The pressure on recycled graphic paper prices in Germany is rising, with capacity utilisation being average at best. It is not yet clear if producers will be able to rise prices from next year.
11 Nov 2016 − Following a letter of intent signed back in Octo-ber, Tolko Industries Ltd. has now finalised the sale of its kraft paper mill in The Pas, Manitoba, Canada.
- Catalyst Paper shuts down PM 9 at Powell River
- Ahlstrom to sell Osnabrück paper mill to specialty paper company Kämmerer
- Stora Enso to close and divest Suzhou paper mill
Turkey launches AD investigation into brown kraftliner imports from Brazil, Finland, Poland and Russia
10 Nov 2016 − The product subject to investigation by Turkish competition authorities is unbleached kraftliner weighing 175 g/m² or less.
- Mondi to acquire Turkish packaging manufacturer
- Tough negotiations over second step of kraftliner price inreases in Germany
- Kraftliner prices with upward trend in Poland in July
09 Nov 2016 − Paper consumption to be cut by 30% during the next three years
- Producers aim for SC paper price hike in France
- Prices continue to fall on the French RCP market
- France: Prices for ordinary RCP grades slightly down in September
08 Nov 2016 − Stocks have been falling, but new capacities are said to be coming into play
07 Nov 2016 − The divestment would allow the company to develop its other businesses more efficiently and pursue growth in areas aligned to the company's strategy, Ahlstrom explained.
07 Nov 2016 − The merger will create a global leader on the markets for decor, filtration, release liners and specialties, according to the companies involved.
03 Nov 2016 − UPM will take 305,000 t of graphic paper capacity from the market by closing down two machines in Germany and Austria. This adds to the already announced closure of newsprint capacity in Schwedt, due in September 2017.
- NEB mulls 50 million liter bioethanol refinery at UPM Pietarsaari
- UPM divests Schwedt newsprint mill to LEIPA
- UPM and Leipa close to reaching deal on Schwedt site
02 Nov 2016 − GD board manufacturers have announced a €60/t price hike in order to reverse the negative price trend and compensate for higher production costs.
28 Oct 2016 − The latest earthquake in Central Italy damaged one of Fedrigoni's paper mills.
- Q3 coreboard prices virtually unchanged on the market in Italy
- Polesine to rebuild PMs and increase CCM capacity
- Strikes and production stoppages at tissue mill in Italy