28 May 2015 − With manufacturing costs rising and mark-ups so far failing to keep pace, several producers of woodfree coated and uncoated paper are trying to increase prices in Germany.
- Recycled board prices pointing up in Germany
- High pressure on sawdust prices persists in most regions of Germany
- Still no price hike for recycled CCM in Germany in May
28 May 2015 − Manufacturers of brown kraftliner succeeded in getting a first instalment of the announced price hike in France.
- Prices for ordinary RCP grades in France go up
- Containerboard manufacturers announce price hikes in France
- Substantial price cuts for publication paper in France
26 May 2015 − Walki Group has entered an agreement with Mondi Group to sell its Pietarsaari facility in Finland and the Wroclaw facility in Poland. These two mills constitute the major part of Walki’s Industrial Packaging...
- Mondi to close Lohja specialty kraft paper mill
- Mondi to close Silicart release liner plant in Italy
- Mondi to idle machine for the production of release liner
22 May 2015 − The European Commission has approved the acquisition of Duropack of Austria, by DS Smith of United Kingdom.
- DS Smith to take over Grupo Lantero’s
- DS Smith to acquire Duropack for €300m
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
21 May 2015 − Mission completed. Metsä Board finalises divestment of its loss-making Gohrsmühle paper mill in Germany.
20 May 2015 − Fedrigoni says acquisition of Arjowigins Ltda will boost company's sales to €1bn in 2016.
19 May 2015 − A whole raft of manufacturers have informed their customers that they intend to charge more for LWC and woodfree grades from 1 July onwards.
19 May 2015 − It appears that the producers of recycled corrugated case material (CCM) failed again in May to implement their planned hike in Germany.
- Aviretta kicks off production at rebuilt PM 4
- Norske Skog to discontinue operations at Walsum
- Leipa to install another containerboard machine at its Schwedt mill
18 May 2015 − Paperlinx has found a buyer for its Polish operations. The company will sell its Zing subsidiary to a local consortium.
- Paperlinx Benelux enters insolvency proceedings
- Paperlinx UK companies placed in voluntary administration
- Paperlinx to sell Spicers Canada and withdraw from Canadian market