19 Jan 2016 − There is pressure on prices in the UK's containerboard market. This has led to some cuts to brown kraftliner prices while recycled grades did not cost more in January.
18 Jan 2016 − Regardless of the approval, the company currently had no plans for a significant capacity increase at the Gernsbach site in the 2016-2017 period, Mayr-Melnhof explained.
15 Jan 2016 − The testliner machine PM 1 at Smurfit Kappa's Spanish Sangüesa mill is currently down. The group stopped the PM in order to switch it to machine-glazed paper.
- Reno de Medici sells Spanish subsidiary
- Italy reports softer recycled containerboard prices
- Krafliner prices decrease in Germany
14 Jan 2016 − Ziegler Papier do not expect raw material costs to ease in the years to come; underlines limits to cost-cutting and efficiency-improvement measures.
13 Jan 2016 − New drives system will increase operating speed and production capacity, says Steinbeis Papier.
DOC sets final AD/CVD duties on uncoated paper imports from Australia, Brazil, China, Indonesia and Portugal
13 Jan 2016 − Antidumping and countervailing duties are meant to provide relief to domestic manufacturers from the "market-distorting effects caused by injurious dumping and unfair subsidisation of imports into the United States,"...
- Verso Corporation files for Chapter 11
- Verso Paper considers bankruptcy restructuring
- Catalyst Paper to indefinitely idle
coated paper machine at Rumford
12 Jan 2016 − The Government of the Russian Federation has imposed a temporary ban on paper exports, which will initially be valid until 18 April 2016.
- Volga’s Press Service Comments on the Bankruptcy Petition
- Court puts Angara Paper into bankruptcy
- Germany reports price cuts for all recovered paper grades in December
12 Jan 2016 − Spicers says all attempts to sell its paper merchanting business in Germany were unsuccessful.
- Papyrus finalises takeover of Czech paper merchant Ospap
- Paperlinx Germany entities commence administration process
- Austrian Paperlinx subsidiary Papernet closes its doors
11 Jan 2016 − Stora Enso gives up LWC production in Brazil. The company will sell its majority stake in the Arapoti mill to Papeles Bio Bio.
- Stora Enso to increase stake in Inpac Packaging to 90%
- Stora Enso to sell Komárom packaging plant to Van Genechten
- Stora Enso to divest Barcelona board mill
11 Jan 2016 − German LWC paper manufacturer Walsum Papier in exclusive talks with new potential buyer, takeover talks with Niederauer Mühle off the table.
- Talks with investors ongoing at Walsum Papier
- Niederauer Muehle in takeover talks for Walsum LWC paper mill
- Walsum postpones insolvency proceedings again