23 Dec 2014 − Sequana has finalised the sale of its US coated fine paper business. The company sold its Appleton Coated subsidiary to US company Virtus Holdings. Appleton Coated will continue to operate in the same segments as before.
19 Dec 2014 − After having been sold to investment company Perusa, the former Stora Enso mill in Uetersen will soon start to produce the full range of coated woodfree papers with focus on heavyweight papers.
18 Dec 2014 − Capacity closures in the publication paper market seem to offer almost no relief from the price pressure on publication paper in France.
- Substantial price cuts for publication paper in France
- Price cuts for ordinary recovered paper grades in France
- France: newsprint prices heading lower mid-year
17 Dec 2014 − Manufacturers report upswing in corn and wheat starch markets, little movement in the potato starch market.
- Western European starch market showing tendency towards rising prices
- Starch buyers demand price cuts for Q4
- Producer announces reduced NBSK pulp prices from February
16 Dec 2014 − A previous attempt by Stora Enso to divest the Uetersen mill to Austria's Brigl & Bergmeister was unsuccessful due to the German Federal Cartel Office expressing its reservations against the merger.
16 Dec 2014 − Good demand for coreboard has given manufacturers in Italy the possibility to raise prices in the fourth quarter. Some had already implemented mark-ups in September.
- Mixed paper prices in Italy down on ample supply
- Coreboard prices edge higher on the Italian market in September
- Producers want to charge more for CWF paper in Italy
12 Dec 2014 − Graphic Packaging Holding Company announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Graphic Packaging International, Inc., has agreed to acquire several folding carton converting and paperboard mill assets from Cascades'...
10 Dec 2014 − Loss-making Gohrsmuehle label and cast coated paper mill in Germany up for sale.
- Papierfabrik Schoellershammer to double recycled containerboard capacity
- UK government presses ahead with plain cigarette packaging
- MWV and Rock-Tenn to merge
10 Dec 2014 − The Paper Excellence subsidiary cuts coated fine paper capacity from 300,000 tpy to 140,000 tpy.
- Scheufelen to cut its output capacity
- USW and four US paper manufacturers make move against “unfair” uncoated paper imports
- Sequana finds buyer for Appleton Coated
09 Dec 2014 − Early December revealed that many market players were right about the forecasts they had made at the end of November for monthly contracts in Europe: Hardwood pulp prices continued to increase this month.
- BEK pulp prices rise further in December
- Currency effects thwart price hike plans for pulp
- Price increase for hardwood pulp being ruled out for September