26 Aug 2015 − Corrugated sheet and packaging manufacturers are criticising paper mills' plans for additional mark-ups in September.
25 Aug 2015 − Billerud Korsnäs is considering to install a new board machine with a capacity of 500,000 tpy at its Swedish Gruvön mill. Changes to the structure of the company's packaging paper operations are also being considered.
- Fiskeby Board will not be sold
- Bong concludes restructuring process in Sweden
- BillerudKorsnäs increases production capacity of brown sack paper
24 Aug 2015 − Valmet will supply a new 300,000 tpy recycled containerboard machine to Lee & Man paper in Jiangxi.
- Valmet to supply new tissue line to Lee & Man
- Prices for recycled containerboard in France remain unchanged in September
- Europac halts PM 1 at Dueñas mill for rebuild
US DOC affirms preliminary AD duties on uncoated paper from Australia, Brazil, China, Indonesia and Portugal
21 Aug 2015 − Preliminary AD duties on uncoated paper range between 29.5% for Portuguese and 193.3% for Chinese importers. A final decision from US DOC and US ITC is due for January and February next year.
- Catalyst Paper to indefinitely idle
coated paper machine at Rumford
- Resolute Forest Products to enter tissue market
- Sequana finds buyer for Appleton Coated
20 Aug 2015 − Norske Skog will extend the nine-week commercial shutdown on one machine at the Skogn site until the end of the year in a try to match output to market demand. Negotiations with unions on temporary layoffs are still...
- Walsum Papier insolvency decision postponed to October
- Norske Skog and Rotocart form tissue JV at Bruck mill
- Norske Skog to discontinue operations at Walsum
19 Aug 2015 − In Europe, prices for titanium dioxide (TiO2) have been falling since the start of last year, despite manufacturers efforts to stop the negative tend. In the third quarter, rutile TiO2 is selling up to €300/t cheaper...
18 Aug 2015 − Producers are trying to increase unbleached kraftliner prices by another €20/t for deliveries as of 1 September.
- Woodfree coated paper prices on the rise in Germany
- German recovered paper market mostly balanced in September
- Coreboard manufacturers pursue Q3 price hikes in Germany
17 Aug 2015 − The acquisition will optimise the product mix between Schades and R+S Group and improve operational efficiency of the group's converting business in Europe, says Hansol Paper.
- Hansol Paper completes acquisition of R+S Group
- Thermal paper prices are on a downward trend in Europe
- Kajo Neukirchen group to acquire Neenah Lahnstein mill
14 Aug 2015 − A fire hit Burgo's Ardennes mill in Belgium. Pulp production is currently standing still while paper production remains unaffected.
13 Aug 2015 − A fire prevented Emin-Leydier from restarting production at its recycled containerboard mill Nogent-sue-Seine which was down for maintenance. The company now expects to resume operations on 17 August.