20 Oct 2016 − After years of standstill, production of deinked pulp at Ecocis in France was started in June. Now, production is down again. The company is in receivership.
- Ecocis' deinked pulp mill in France to start-up soon
- Producers aim for SC paper price hike in France
- European Court confirms that cores are packaging
Norske Skog remains committed to tissue project at Bruck mill, plans €30/t price hike for newsprint in Europe in 2017
19 Oct 2016 − The market balance for publication paper in Europe is favourable with modest demand declines and reduced supply due to capacity closures, according to Norske Skog. The company will seek price hikes for all publication...
18 Oct 2016 − There is currently strong demand on the market for kraft packaging paper in Germany. However, prices have remained stable.
17 Oct 2016 − Spanish paper and packaging manufacturer Saica is acquiring Dublin-based Americk Packaging.
- SAICA acquires Centroplast Group
- Saica Pack to invest €250 million in European operations
- Barcelona Carton starts producing GC board
13 Oct 2016 − Hamburger Rieger, a Prinzhorn Holding company, has started the approval procedure for the second containerboard machine at its site in Spremberg, Germany. However, final decision on the future home for the new...
13 Oct 2016 − Rising spot prices are bolstering caustic soda (NaOH) manufacturers’ attempts to charge more for contract business in the fourth quarter. Unscheduled production stoppages as well as scheduled downtime have trimmed...
- Titanium dioxide prices continue their upward spiral
- NaOH suppliers seeking higher prices in Q2 contracts
- ENCE announces BEK pulp price increase effective 1 January 2017
12 Oct 2016 − The investment will increase Lenzing's annual dissolving pulp production capacity by 35,000 t over the next two-and-a-half years, according to the company.
11 Oct 2016 − Attempts to raise prices without curbing production are unlikely to be successful, market insiders say.
10 Oct 2016 − A fire broke out at Palm Paper's King's Lynn newsprint mill in the UK on Friday 7 October and had reportedly been brought under control by the evening.
10 Oct 2016 − Beepack serves local and international customers offering a range of corrugated packaging for food and agricultural products. The company puts its annual production capacity at 200 million m².
- Mondi to acquire Turkish packaging manufacturer
- Mondi Group completes acquisition of Simet
- Slovakia's government approves €49m in subsidies to Mondi SCP's in Ružomberok