19 Jan 2017 − Stora Enso is reconsidering its plans to build a 900,000 tpy bleached eucalyptus pulp mill at the Beihai production site in the Chinese Province of Guangxi.
18 Jan 2017 − Production is running again at Munksjö's specialty paper mill in France. Employees had downed tools for ten days.
- Ahlstrom and Munksjö announce €2.2bn merger
- Ontex opens new incontinence products facility in France
- Producers aim for SC paper price hike in France
18 Jan 2017 − The combination of businesses of GELE and ITEDI would reportedly create the leading player in the Italian media and newspaper publishing sector with annual sales of approximately €750m.
17 Jan 2017 − NaOH producers quarrel with increasing costs and low mark-ups in 2016; say reduced supply supportive of higher prices.
17 Jan 2017 − Alizay paper mill produces uncoated woodfree offset and office paper and recycled copy paper. The decision to temporarily halt paper production was triggered by high inventory levels, according to Filpac CGT trade...
16 Jan 2017 − Fine paper producer Lecta confirms that it has engaged advisors to explore a potential strategic corporate transaction.
16 Jan 2017 − More recycled corrugated case material manufacturers are set to increase their prices for brown packaging paper grades. The companies cite current good demand as the main reason for price hikes.
- Recycled containerboard prices are on the rise in Germany
- PCA's DeRidder containerboard mill hit by explosion
- Price negotiations kick off on the kraftliner market in Germany
13 Jan 2017 − Coated fine paper market needs consolidation, market insiders say
12 Jan 2017 − Metsä Wood parts with its wood element business; agrees with Lapwall on multi-year delivery contract for laminated veneer lumber and spruce plywood.
- Sequana files for creditor protection, plans to float Antalis and divest Arjowiggins Security division
- Lecta confirms exploration of potential strategic corporate transaction
- CVC Capital Partners planning to sell or float stake in Lecta, financial news sources report
11 Jan 2017 − The investment projects are meant to develop new products for packaging, consumer goods and industrial application, and accelerate the company's "transformation into a renewable materials company," says Stora Enso.
- Stora Enso to shut down SC paper machine in Sweden
- Stora Enso to increase capacities at Heinola mill
- Stora Enso shelves plans for Beihai hardwood pulp mill