10 Apr 2017 − Caustic soda buyers do not expect output losses or maintenance downtime to limit caustic soda supply in the second quarter of the year.
07 Apr 2017 − 10% to 30% of Antalis International shares to be listed on the Euronext stock exchange in Paris by the end the second quarter and distributed to its shareholders. Antalis IPO and sale of Arjowiggins Security form part...
06 Apr 2017 − The split of SCA into two listed companies is expected to be carried out by the end of this year. BSN medical to become part of the new personal care and tissue business spin-off Essity.
- SCA proposing split of the group into two listed companies at AGM
- SCA to close tissue paper mill in Spain
- EC clears West Rock's acquisition of MPS
05 Apr 2017 − Europac is investing in its packaging operations in Spain. The company acquired its first plant in Andalusia, the Lucena corrugated board and packaging plant. It furthermore announced a €10m investment to expand in the...
- Europac takes over waste management company Transcon Valladolid
- Europac to modernise and increase capacities in Dueñas
- Paprinsa goes ahead with €13.5 million investment programme
05 Apr 2017 − Negotiations on terms and conditions for newsprint deliveries on the newsprint market in Italy have come to an end in March with six-month contracts featuring slightly lower or unchanged prices compared to the previous...
04 Apr 2017 − International Paper announced on 3 April that its Pensacola Mill in Cantonment, Florida, had returned to full production.
National watchdog agency AGCM launches antitrust probe into alleged corrugated sheet and packaging cartel in Italy
04 Apr 2017 − Major European and Italian paper packaging companies, together with the industry association GIFCO, under suspicion of price fixing and market manipulation. Offices searched and inspected last Friday in a series of dawn...
- White-top kraftliner becomes more expensive in Italy
- Italian ordinary recovered paper prices on the decline
- Market players complete newsprint price talks in Italy
03 Apr 2017 − Combining steps started in 2013 when Ahlstrom merged its Label & Processing division with Munksjö
- Ahlstrom completes sale of Osnabrück plant
- Ahlstrom to sell Osnabrück paper mill to specialty paper company Kämmerer
- European Commission approves Ahlstrom-Munksjö merger
31 Mar 2017 − Demand for ordinary recovered paper grades in China started to crumble.
- Recycled containerboard prices see another hike in France
- Uncoated fine paper prices to go up in France
- Significant mark-ups for ordinary grades on French RCP market
30 Mar 2017 − First printing and writing paper production facility in area of the Gulf Cooperation Council