12 Apr 2013 − Wepa is implementing its cost and capacity cutting initiative in Italy. Trade unions say Wepa is not respecting the business plan agreed upon in November 2011 and is violating trade union rights.
11 Apr 2013 − Recycled cartonboard manufacturer Kartonsan has commissioned Andritz to upgrade one of the two board machines at the Izmit mill. Additional capacity will meet growing demand in Turkey, says Kartonsan.
- Pak Group acquires Greek board manufacturer Mel − 16 Mar 2012
- Hayat Kimya orders two tissue lines for Russian and Turkish sites − 18 Mar 2013
- IP completes acquisition of Sabanci shares in Olmuksa − 03 Jan 2013
10 Apr 2013 − Recycled board producers supplying the German market are setting their sights on a price hike. But not everyone is convinced the increase will be pushed through.
09 Apr 2013 − The starch market presents a mixed picture at the beginning of the second quarter. Paper mills that accepted price hikes within the existing price range at the turn of the year and agreed contracts for the whole...
- Starch producers negotiate higher prices for Q1 − 17 Dec 2012
- Caustic soda manufacturers scale back price increases − 17 Jan 2012
- Starch prices pointing down in Europe − 21 Dec 2011
09 Apr 2013 − Hellefoss AS, Vafos AS and their parent company Hellevad AS are insolvent. The management of the companies is working on finding a solution to restart operations as soon as possible.
08 Apr 2013 − UPM has set the date for the PM closures at the Rauma and Ettringen mills. The two SC paper machines will be shut down by the end of this month. The Docelles and Aigrefeuille sites have not been sold yet.
- UPM Q1 operating results on par with last year's level − 29 Apr 2013
- UPM’s profits impacted by weak paper markets, growth businesses positive − 01 Feb 2013
- UPM Stracel mill to be sold to Blue Paper in March − 24 Jan 2013
05 Apr 2013 − Generating energy from biomass is an unabated trend in the energy-intensive forest industry. Now, Metsä Group’s tissue and cooking paper business plans a CHP in Sweden.
Prices for white woodfree envelope paper edge up in Germany, no change in shipping bag paper prices in Q1
04 Apr 2013 − Demand for envelope and shipping bag paper picked up at the beginning of the year. Manufacturers reported better operating rates with orders on hand currently amounting to 3-4 weeks across all grades.
03 Apr 2013 − After signing a cooperation agreement with Austrian specialty paper manufacturer Brigl & Bergmeister in February, Cham Paper now initiated negotiations with Delfort Group on strategic options.
- Brigl & Bergmeister to expand production − 12 Feb 2013
- Clariant divests Paper Specialties business to SK Capital − 02 Jan 2013
- UPM Raflatac to acquire Gascogne’s labelstock operations in Switzerland − 01 Jun 2012
03 Apr 2013 − After a slight slump in ordering since the end of February, Polish corrugated board producers are looking ahead to the next few months with mixed feelings.
- Polands publication paper prices continue on downward slide − 05 Feb 2013
- No movement in Polish RCP prices in November − 04 Dec 2012
- Moderate prices increase for some RCP grades in Poland − 04 Oct 2012