06 Nov 2014 − SCA gives up flexible packaging paper production at the Mannheim mill in order to concentrate on tissue and sanitary paper products.
06 Nov 2014 − The acquisition of Andopack is a customer-led decision; the customers wanted the company to have a greater presence in Spain, says Miles Roberts, CEO of DS Smith.
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
- DS Smith buys Middleton Recycling, Middleton Paper invests in sheeter
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
05 Nov 2014 − Determination shown by many a woodfree coated paper manufacturer seems to be finally paying off. The vast majority of customers in Italy has been paying more for coated fine paper since October, reports say.
05 Nov 2014 − A few contract prices for titanium dioxide ended up falling slightly again in negotiations for deliveries in the final quarter of the year.
04 Nov 2014 − Medica Packaging Limited has separated from the Benson Group and became an independent specialist packaging provider.
- MPS to acquire Presentation Products Group
- UPM to slash publication paper capacity by 800,000 t
- Essentra to acquire Clondalkin Specialist Packaging Division
03 Nov 2014 − Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd has ordered an Advantage DCT 200HS tissue line from Valmet.
- Lee & Man commissions new PM for recycled CCM
- Pratt Industries orders paper machine for greenfield mill
- SCA to idle Flexpack Papers in Mannheim
31 Oct 2014 − Canadian newsprint and magazine paper producer Catalyst Paper has entered into an agreement to purchase two US paper mills from NewPage for $74.0m.
30 Oct 2014 − BillerudKorsnäs will invest SEK260m to increase the production capacity of brown sack paper in Skärblacka in 2015.
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
- Holmen CEO Magnus Hall steps down
29 Oct 2014 − The decision is taken following consideration of responses made by the companies to the Statement of Objections, presentations at the oral hearing and, in particular, the information provided in response to the...
- Ahlstrom to start co-operation negotiations at Kauttua site
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
- EU Commission sends warning to Munksjö and Ahlstrom
29 Oct 2014 − Fedrigoni's stock market flotation has failed for the time being but "listing on the financial market still remains a strategic objective" for the company.
- Fedrigoni launches stock exchange listing in Italy
- Mondi to close Silicart release liner plant in Italy
- Pro-Gest leases production sites of Ondulati Giusti