05 Jun 2014 − Burgo has announced the approval of its new Industrial Action Plan for the 2014-2018 period. The company is planning to invest €250m and take measures to adjust capacity.
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
- Pro-Gest and IP show interest in Burgo's Mantua mill
- Burgo to discontinue CWF production at Avezzano mill
04 Jun 2014 − Mondi believes that the combination of its existing network with Graphic Packaging's industrial bags and kraft paper business will create leading bags player in North America.
04 Jun 2014 − From 2016, Siam Paper subsidiary Thai Paper Co. will be the first release liner producer in the ASEAN region.
- Nippon Paper and SCG Paper to found another joint venture
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
- Careo to rebuild board machine in Santa Giustina
03 Jun 2014 − Prices for ordinary recovered paper grades spiralled lower in Poland in May, slightly later but more dramatically than in other European markets.
- Polish recycled containerboard prices point down in March
- Magazine paper price talks settled in Poland
- Price stability reported on the Polish recovered paper market in November
03 Jun 2014 − Prinzhorn Holding is widening its presence in Germany. The group's takeover of the 205,000 tpy Fritz Peters paper mill has been approved.
- Prinzhorn takes over containerboard plant from Fritz Peters
- Scheufelen to cut its output capacity
- Papierfabrik Schoellershammer to double recycled containerboard capacity
03 Jun 2014 − Ahlstrom has inaugurated a new wallcovering substrates production line at its Binzhou mill in China.
- EU Commission sends warning to Munksjö and Ahlstrom
- Suominen acquires Ahlstrom’s Paulínia nonwovens plant
- Ahlstrom splits up Food and Medical Business
30 May 2014 − Sappi Fine Paper Europe is negotiating the sale of its fine paper mill in Nijmegen. Potential buyers can acquire the facility if they exclude producing the current range of products.
28 May 2014 − A potential buyer has emerged for Stora Enso's French Corbehem magazine paper mill. A sale would prevent the 330,000 t mill from being closed in June.
- Stora Enso names new CEO, postpones Renewable Packaging reorganisation
- Montes del Plata pulp mill starting operations
- Brigl & Bergmeister to acquire Stora Enso Uetersen mill
28 May 2014 − In the wake of mediocre demand, high stocks and increased supply on the French market, prices for brown recycled corrugated case material dropped again in May.
27 May 2014 − Smurfit Kappa will invest €27m in its Sangüesa mill in Northern Spain to transform PM1 producing today 65,000 t of virgin fibre based containerboard, into PM4, which will produce 30,000 t of virgin fibre brown machine...
- Lecta to close Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Anti-trust probe targets Spain's incontinence products market
- Domtar completes takeover of Laboratorios Indas