16 Mar 2017 − Stora Enso has not yet decided whether to build a new containerboard machine with a capacity of 500,000 tpy at the Ostroleka mill in Poland. The company has yet to conclude the corresponding feasibility study.
- Stora Enso to shut down SC paper machine in Sweden
- Stora Enso to increase capacities at Heinola mill
- Stora Enso shelves plans for Beihai hardwood pulp mill
15 Mar 2017 − Prosecutors have ordered searches at some Pro-Gest offices and the homes of the owners. The group says it reconsiders its project in Mantua where a new 500,000 tpy containerboard machine is to be commissioned this year.
- Pro-Gest starts with installation of new containerboard PM in Mantua
- Pro-Gest postpones start-up of Mantua mill
- Pro-Gest concludes Ondulati Giusti takeover
14 Mar 2017 − The European Commission has approved the combination of Ahlstrom and Munksjö. The transaction is expected to be completed at the beginning of April 2017.
- Ahlstrom and Munksjö announce €2.2bn merger
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö merger completed
- Munksjö Rottersac restarts after ten-day standstill
10 Mar 2017 − Paper merchanting operations will be ceased at the end of first half 2017.
Resolute indefinitely idles Thorold newsprint mill,
prospects conversion of the site to alternative products
10 Mar 2017 − Decision driven by the ongoing significant decline in newsprint consumption, coupled with the increasing cost of recovered paper.
- Resolute to shut down newsprint machine in Augusta
- Coldset newsprint prices in Germany stagnate at last year's level
- Market players complete newsprint price talks in Italy
09 Mar 2017 − The separation would allow the Specialty Chemicals "to build and accelerate its market-leading positions" in different market segments. Establishment of an independent listed company is one of the options, says Akzo...
09 Mar 2017 − Smurfit Kappa Group (SKG) has announced its intention to raise prices for brown recycled containerboard across all European markets by €40/t.
- VPK Packaging and Klingele to invest in growth of VPK's Nordic subsidiary Peterson
- Poland: paper and board suppliers charge higher prices on increased input costs and good demand
- SCA closes acquisition of BSN medical,hygiene business spin-off to be listed as Essity
09 Mar 2017 − Production of recycled LWC and white-top coated testliner at Kübler & Niethammer Papierfabrik Kriebstein continues. Diversification towards label paper comes to a halt.
- Stora Enso to sell Kabel magazine paper mill in Germany
- Ecocis in receivership, production down
- Last potential investor for Walsum mill quits takeover talks
08 Mar 2017 − Local media say it could take up to two months time to restart tissue production.
08 Mar 2017 − Inspections are part of antitrust investigation initiated last March. EC concerned that companies involved may have violated laws on price fixing and customer allocation.