18 Feb 2014 − Activity on the British GC board market was a bit more hectic than expected in February. The last price talks for GC board are still under way and its becoming apparent that quite a few converters will not have to pay...
14 Feb 2014 − Autajon is entering the Italian market and strengthens its position in the US. The company announced the acquisition of the five mills of folding cartons producer Fincarta.
- Cartiera dell'Adda upgrades PM 1 and raises board production − 04 Apr 2014
- ICT considering third tissue machine for Polish site − 17 Jan 2014
- Burgo to discontinue CWF production at Avezzano mill − 27 Nov 2013
13 Feb 2014 − Holmen Group will focus on taking advantage of the opportunities in the paperboard and sawmill business under new leadership. Henrik Sjölund is to take over as of 9 April.
- Holmen profits plunge on lower paper prices and strong Swedish krona − 15 Aug 2013
- Holmen’s PM closures to take place in September − 21 May 2013
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June − 10 Apr 2014
12 Feb 2014 − Spanish companies active in the adult incontinence market are suspected of anti-competitive practises. The competition authority CNMC said it carried out searches at these companies and associations.
- Domtar completes takeover of Laboratorios Indas − 03 Jan 2014
- Domtar to acquire Spanish hygiene products manufacturer Indas − 20 Nov 2013
- Sniace files new mass layoff plan − 22 Aug 2013
10 Feb 2014 − Production at Stora Enso's Corbehem mill in France was recently stopped while negotiations with potential buyers are ongoing.
- Montes del Plata postpones pulp mill start-up to May − 09 Apr 2014
- Stora Enso splits Renewable Packaging division in three − 21 Mar 2014
- Skoghall mill to return to full production in February − 30 Jan 2014
07 Feb 2014 − British paper merchant Elliott Baxter and Co. Ltd (EBB) has acquired Cell Limited, the Derbyshire based carton board and packaging supplier.
- Careo seeks new solution for Wednesbury sheeting center − 13 Jan 2014
- Prices for SC paper in the UK set to increase − 10 Dec 2013
- Huhtamaki acquires corrugated packaging producer BCP − 29 Nov 2013
05 Feb 2014 − In contrast to the general trend in Europe, demand for magazine paper in Poland increased slightly in 2013. However, good market development in 2013 did not always help LWC and SC paper suppliers in negotiating higher...
04 Feb 2014 − Despite all of manufacturers' hopes and best efforts, negotiations with customers about "terms and conditions" for newsprint deliveries in the first half of 2014 will have to be continued in February.
- Downward adjustments on Italian coreboard market − 01 Apr 2014
- Italian LWC paper prices down on weak demand and excess supply − 04 Mar 2014
- Coreboard prices in Italy move upwards in Q4 − 17 Dec 2013
04 Feb 2014 − Prices for white-top and brown kraftliner showed a downward trend and semi-chemical fluting prices remained stable in January 2014.
- Corrugated board industry laments poor earnings in Germany − 18 Mar 2014
- Recycled containerboard prices in Germany tending downwards − 11 Mar 2014
- New contracts for magazine paper in Germany finalised − 20 Feb 2014
03 Feb 2014 − Finnish technology group Vaahto Group Plc Oyj is going to focus on the Process Technology business in the future.
- UPM expands capacity at Kymi pulp mill − 28 Feb 2014
- Stora Enso to cut magazine paper capacity in Finland − 24 Jan 2014
- Future Valmet to sharpen its focus on biomass based energy production business − 19 Dec 2013