25 Aug 2014 − Sonoco will add 13 production facilities in nine countries to its operations by acquiring German Weidenhammer Packaging Group. The acquisition will create a global leader in rigid paper packaging, says the company.
22 Aug 2014 − The recovered paper warehouse of International Paper's Kwidzyn mill in Poland was hit by a fire. The company says that newsprint production was not affected by the incident.
20 Aug 2014 − Despite good capacity utilisation rates, producers of hygiene paper were rarely successful in their attempts to increase prices during the second quarter.
19 Aug 2014 − Amcor Tobacco Packaging will close the German plant in Neumünster by the end of 2014, but announced to build a greenfield tobacco packaging facility in Indonesia.
- Careo to rebuild board machine in Santa Giustina
- Caraustar to take over Newark Group
- RockTenn to separate paper and packaging businesses
18 Aug 2014 − Pratt Industries has placed an order with Valmet for the supply of a containerboard paper machine at the greenfield paper mill in Valparaiso, USA.
15 Aug 2014 − Hansol Paper has acquired shares in Netherlands-based self-adhesive label manufacturer Telrol B.V.
- Pro-Gest leases production sites of Ondulati Giusti
- Andlinger intends to submit public offer for Crown Van Gelder
- Cartiera Galliera eyes takeover of Papeterie de Raon
14 Aug 2014 − Double A is continuing the recovery process on the French Alizay site. The company has now brought back the Evolve paper brand.
- Double A to restart pulp production in Alizay
- Wepa to invest €50m in new PMs in Marsberg and Lille
- Buyers of publication papers in France seeking lower prices from 1 July
13 Aug 2014 − Rock-Tenn Company has announced investments in the pulp production at the Stevenson and the Demopolis mills.
- Groupe Hamelin to cut jobs at Canson subsidiary
- Ence shuts down production at Huelva pulp mill
- Fedrigoni launches stock exchange listing in Italy
12 Aug 2014 − Core and coreboard manufacturers in Germany are reporting unusually strong business at the start of August and are thinking about price hikes in September.
12 Aug 2014 − Ordinary grades were readily available on the Polish market in July despite the summer holiday season.