03 Jun 2015 − Recycled containerboard manufacturers' good order books and good demand from the Far East have paved the way for another increase in Italian prices for ordinary recovered paper grades in May.
- Coreboard prices in Italy heading higher
- February marks the end of price discussions on the magazine paper market in Italy
- Coated woodfree paper prices lose more ground in Italy
02 Jun 2015 − Despite machine closures newsprint supply is still too large to lift prices, market insiders report.
01 Jun 2015 − Resolute Forest Products will start producing tissue. The company plans to enter the market by 2017 and to reach a capacity of 60,000 tpy of tissue.
- Sequana finds buyer for Appleton Coated
- Expera acquires idled pulp mill in the USA
- Pratt Industries orders paper machine for greenfield mill
28 May 2015 − Hungary is conducting an anti-trust investigation into seven sellers and distributors of sanitary paper products suspected of price collusion.
- SCA invests SEK650m in Brazil
- SCA plans closure of tissue machine at Stubbins mill
- SCA to part with hygiene products site in France
28 May 2015 − With manufacturing costs rising and mark-ups so far failing to keep pace, several producers of woodfree coated and uncoated paper are trying to increase prices in Germany.
- Envelope paper prices in Germany partly up in Q2
- Producers implement higher prices for brown recycled containerboard in Germany
- Brown kraftliner prices pointing up in Germany
28 May 2015 − Manufacturers of brown kraftliner succeeded in getting a first instalment of the announced price hike in France.
- Prices for ordinary RCP grades in France go up
- Containerboard manufacturers announce price hikes in France
- Substantial price cuts for publication paper in France
26 May 2015 − Walki Group has entered an agreement with Mondi Group to sell its Pietarsaari facility in Finland and the Wroclaw facility in Poland. These two mills constitute the major part of Walki’s Industrial Packaging...
- Mondi to close Lohja specialty kraft paper mill
- Mondi to close Silicart release liner plant in Italy
- Mondi to idle machine for the production of release liner
22 May 2015 − The European Commission has approved the acquisition of Duropack of Austria, by DS Smith of United Kingdom.
- DS Smith to take over Grupo Lantero’s
- DS Smith to acquire Duropack for €300m
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
21 May 2015 − Mission completed. Metsä Board finalises divestment of its loss-making Gohrsmühle paper mill in Germany.
20 May 2015 − Fedrigoni says acquisition of Arjowigins Ltda will boost company's sales to €1bn in 2016.
- Fedrigoni Verona paper mill restores limited production after fire
- Fire hits Fedrigoni paper mill in Verona
- Fedrigoni scraps IPO as market conditions deteriorate