16 Mar 2016 − More packaging paper capacities will enter the market. Holmen is to sell its Madrid newsprint mill to International Paper who plans to convert the machine to produce recycled containerboard.
- Holmen Hallsta restarts PM 11 after TMP line overhaul
- PM 12 at Holmen Hallsta down for a few hours
- PM 11 at Holmen's Hallsta mill to restart in mid-March
16 Mar 2016 − Italy's recycled board manufacturer Reno de Medici to add 165,000 tpy in GC board capacity through La Rochette acquisition.
- Mutares to take over Sonoco's Schweighouse mill
- International Paper to acquire Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business for $2.2 bn
- Papierfabrik Scheufelen sold to German investors
15 Mar 2016 − Negotiations on starch prices for second quarter deliveries are ongoing and positions of suppliers and buyers differ widely.
- Italy sees rising downward pressure on woodfree coated paper prices
- Mark-ups for French recovered paper in April
- Coated woodfree paper prices under downward pressure in Germany
15 Mar 2016 − UPM-Kymmene will close its mill in Madison, USA, by the end of May. The mill has a total capacity of 195,000 tpy of SC paper.
- UPM divests Schwedt newsprint mill to LEIPA
- UPM and Leipa close to reaching deal on Schwedt site
- UPM and Leipa in sale and conversion talks on UPM Schwedt newsprint mill
14 Mar 2016 − International Paper will sell its corrugated packaging business in Asia, which comprises 18 mills and a workforce of approximately 3,000 employees.
14 Mar 2016 − Eurovast acquires Fabbriche di Vallico tissue mill to add 20,000 tpy in tissue capacity.
11 Mar 2016 − The Wepa group continues to invest in the expansion and the modernisation of its plants in Europe. The company will add 32,000 tpy of tissue capacity to the market by installing a new machine in Poland.
10 Mar 2016 − 1,5 million t of new pulp capacity are on the market. Klabin announced the start-up of its new mill in Oritgueira, Brazil.
- Oji Papéis Especiais to expand thermal paper capacity in Brazil
- Stora Enso parts with LWC mill in Brazil
- SCA invests SEK650m in Brazil
09 Mar 2016 − Italian integrated packaging manufacturer Pro-Gest made the winning bid in the auction for Levio Loris’ Badia Polesine recycling plant
08 Mar 2016 − Major producer of NBSK pulp sounds the bell for next round of price talks