16 Nov 2016 − Kajaani cellulosic ethanol plant to reach full capacity in 2017 but expansion project already considered.
- UPM and Northern SC Paper divest Madison Paper Industries' mill assets
- UPM to reduce graphic paper capacity by 305,000 t
- UPM divests Schwedt newsprint mill to LEIPA
15 Nov 2016 − The RDF steam plant project is directly connected to the approved capacity increase at the Blue Paper recycled packaging paper mill to 400,000 tpy.
15 Nov 2016 − The pressure on recycled graphic paper prices in Germany is rising, with capacity utilisation being average at best. It is not yet clear if producers will be able to rise prices from next year.
11 Nov 2016 − Following a letter of intent signed back in Octo-ber, Tolko Industries Ltd. has now finalised the sale of its kraft paper mill in The Pas, Manitoba, Canada.
Turkey launches AD investigation into brown kraftliner imports from Brazil, Finland, Poland and Russia
10 Nov 2016 − The product subject to investigation by Turkish competition authorities is unbleached kraftliner weighing 175 g/m² or less.
- Mondi to acquire Turkish packaging manufacturer
- Tough negotiations over second step of kraftliner price inreases in Germany
- Kraftliner prices with upward trend in Poland in July
09 Nov 2016 − Paper consumption to be cut by 30% during the next three years
- Producers aim for SC paper price hike in France
- Prices continue to fall on the French RCP market
- France: Prices for ordinary RCP grades slightly down in September
08 Nov 2016 − Stocks have been falling, but new capacities are said to be coming into play
07 Nov 2016 − The divestment would allow the company to develop its other businesses more efficiently and pursue growth in areas aligned to the company's strategy, Ahlstrom explained.
07 Nov 2016 − The merger will create a global leader on the markets for decor, filtration, release liners and specialties, according to the companies involved.
03 Nov 2016 − UPM will take 305,000 t of graphic paper capacity from the market by closing down two machines in Germany and Austria. This adds to the already announced closure of newsprint capacity in Schwedt, due in September 2017.