21 Mar 2013 − Signs are pointing towards an imminent increase in kraftliner prices. Many suppliers informed their customers that they planned to charge £35/t more starting in April.
- Higher prices on the cards for recycled board in the UK − 23 Apr 2013
- UK: price hikes on the cards for recycled containerboard − 19 Feb 2013
- Publication paper prices in the UK under pressure − 22 Jan 2013
20 Mar 2013 − Newsprint is in abundant supply. Recently, several companies have announced capacity reductions. Today, Norske Skog announced that it will be shutting down PM 2 at Skogn temporarily.
- Norske Skog faces challenging markets in Q1 2013 − 26 Apr 2013
- Norske Skog's results remain under pressure − 07 Feb 2013
- Norske Skog reduces loss in Q1-Q3 2012, continues restructuring − 02 Nov 2012
19 Mar 2013 − There has been no upward movement in German coated woodfree paper prices so far in March. Producers say that orders for April are already booked at higher prices.
19 Mar 2013 − Newsprint production on PM 51 to be discontinued due to difficult market conditions. Holmen Paper increases its focus in Sweden on specialty printing papers.
- Holmen’s PM closures to take place in September − 21 May 2013
- Holmen posts lower results in Q1, all divisions affected − 30 Apr 2013
- Holmen's 2012 profits plummet year-on-year − 08 Feb 2013
18 Mar 2013 − Turkish Hayat Kimya will add 140,000 tpy of tissue capacities to the market. The group will install two new tissue lines in Russia and southern Turkey.
15 Mar 2013 − Mayr-Melnhof (MM) has put its new corrugated packaging plant in Poland into operation. Test runs are currently being conducted.
- Mayr-Melnhof Packaging acquires Colombian Plegacol − 17 Sep 2012
- Mayr-Melnhof first-half net profit down 20% − 17 Aug 2012
- Mayr-Melnhof mulls investment in South America − 09 Nov 2011
14 Mar 2013 − Suzano's net debt was almost BRL6.4bn (€2.5bn) at the end of Q4 2012, up 16.7% year-on-year. Expansion projects suspended for an indefinite period of time.
13 Mar 2013 − Fortress Security Papers will sell all of the shares in Dresden Papier to Glatfelter Gernsbach and its parent company P.H. Glatfelter. Dresden Papier to become part of Glatfelter's composite Fibers business unit.
- Glatfelter's Scaër mill down for several weeks after fire − 19 Oct 2012
- Glatfelter to invest in its Scaër mill − 12 Nov 2010
13 Mar 2013 − Resolute Forest Product stops newsprint production at the Calhoun, Tennessee paper mill due to adverse market conditions.
- Resolute to shut down production at Fort Frances − 21 Nov 2012
- Resolute shuts down paper machine at Laurentide mill − 07 Nov 2012
- Fibrek temporarily shuts down Saint-Félicien pulp mill − 30 Jul 2012
13 Mar 2013 − After the closure of the Mantua newsprint mill one month ago, Italian graphic paper manufacturer Burgo is now considering job cuts at its Ardennes mill in Belgium. 40 positions might be eliminated.