19 Apr 2016 − Hamburger Rieger will increase the capacity of its plant in Gelsenkirchen, Germany by 70,000 t to 250,000 t.
19 Apr 2016 − The German market has seen mark-ups for the ordinary recovered paper grades and especially for mixed paper due to good demand and converters filling up their inventories.
15 Apr 2016 − Mondi plans to build a new 300,000 tpy containerboard machine and upgrade pulp production at its site in Ružomberok, Slovakia, at a total cost of €310m.
15 Apr 2016 − Sequana will part with its specialty business Arjowiggins Healthcare. The segment to be sold is specialised in the production of packaging solutions for medical devices.
- Arjowiggins to sell Charavines mill to Global Hygiène
- Sequana falls back into the red
- Mutares to take over Sonoco's Schweighouse mill
14 Apr 2016 − Downtime at electrolysis plants expected to temporarily restrict caustic soda availability in Europe.
13 Apr 2016 − The antidumping duties range from 14,9% to 29,0% and apply among others on volumes sold by Mondi, Billerud Korsnäs, Kapstone Kraft Paper, Oji Paper and Nippon Paper.
13 Apr 2016 − Market player report more price cuts for brown recycled containerboard grades on the German market in April; white-top testliner still unaffected by downward price pressure.
12 Apr 2016 − Negotiations between UPM and Leipa Georg Leinfelder GmbH (Leipa) regarding the takeover of the newsprint mill in Schwedt should be concluded soon. A result was "definitely” expected in the coming weeks.
- UPM divests Schwedt newsprint mill to LEIPA
- UPM and Leipa in sale and conversion talks on UPM Schwedt newsprint mill
- Leipa's plans for new CCM capacity are being delayed
12 Apr 2016 − Mestä Board plans to shut down a sheet cutter at its Simpele mill which will result in the loss of 42 jobs.
- Metsä Board starts up board machine in Husum
- Stora Enso invests in PE extrusion in Imatra
- Weyerhaeuser to sell liquid packaging board
business to Nippon Paper
08 Apr 2016 − Papierfabrik Walsum is hoping for a quick decision in the current talks about the future of the site.
- Last potential investor for Walsum mill quits takeover talks
- Investors back out at Papierfabrik Walsum
- Papierfabrik Walsum resumes LWC production