05 Oct 2016 − Demand for graphic papers in Germany recovered in September, but did not live up to expectations. In recent years, observers have noted the summer lull has been steadily growing longer and longer.
04 Oct 2016 − Barcelona Carton has added virgin-fibre board to its portfolio. The board producer started production in September. By next year, the company also plans to increase capacity of the machine by 10,000 tpy.
- Saica to take over Americk Packaging
- Europac to modernise and increase capacities in Dueñas
- 2.6% increase in Spain's paper production in 2015
30 Sep 2016 − Tranlin's $2bn production site in Chesterfield County, Virginia, to produce pulp, tissue and fertilisers from wheat straw.
28 Sep 2016 − EUWID sources say a few paper mills are still offering paper at cheap prices to avoid loosing business.
27 Sep 2016 − Suppliers want the rising price trend on the market in Europe to continue
26 Sep 2016 − The closure of the 90,000 tpy pulp line will result in a workforce reduction of approximatly 100 positions.
23 Sep 2016 − Brown kraftliner manufacturers failed to implement the second step of the planned price hike on the market in Germany although availability on the September market is reportedly reduced.
21 Sep 2016 − Coreboard manufacturers are opting for more price hikes for deliveries as of October.
20 Sep 2016 − Market participants report reduction in export prices for mixed paper and board and old corrugated containers due to slower demand from Asia.
- Producers aim for SC paper price hike in France
- New law requires France’s government bodies to buy more recycled paper
- Prices continue to fall on the French RCP market
15 Sep 2016 − Stora Enso has announced plans to consolidate corrugated packaging production in Finland. The company plans to shut down Heinola corrugated site and transfer production to Lahti.
- New renewable energy pipeline for Stora Enso and Volvo
- Stora Enso invests in fluff pulp capacity at Skutskär mill
- Stora Enso to close and divest Suzhou paper mill