02 Aug 2016 − GD board prices declined on the Italian market in July in the wake of sustained weak demand and a trend to shift to GC board in the food industry.
- Lennart Eberleh appointed new president and CEO of Rottneros
- RDM to take over Cascades La Rochette board mill
- Metsä Board starts up board machine in Husum
01 Aug 2016 − Catalyst Paper's magazine paper machine PM 9 at the Powell River mill will not restart operations. The company has decided to permanently shut down the machine which was already idle.
29 Jul 2016 − Tissue producer Paloma of Slovenia signed a contract for an investment via share capital increase of €18.2m by private equity fund Eco-Invest of Slovakia.
- Paloma and Abris Capital sign €15m capital increase deal
- Norske Skog remains committed to tissue project at Bruck mill, plans €30/t price hike for newsprint in Europe in 2017
- Rotocart taps Valmet to deliver rewinder unit for new converting facility in Castelminio di Resana
26 Jul 2016 − In July, European kraftliner suppliers implemented the first step of the announced price hike.
26 Jul 2016 − In the negotiations on half-year and quarterly contracts, players in the French magazine paper market mostly agreed on price cuts.
22 Jul 2016 − Spanish paper and packaging group SAICA has acquired the Centroplast Group, producer of flexible packaging.
- Saica to take over Americk Packaging
- Saica Pack to invest €250 million in European operations
- Barcelona Carton starts producing GC board
20 Jul 2016 − The year 2015 ended on a positive note overall for the Italian paper industry. Output was up last year for the first time in many years, said Girolamo Marchi, the new president of the national association of pulp,...
- Q3 coreboard prices virtually unchanged on the market in Italy
- Polesine to rebuild PMs and increase CCM capacity
- Strikes and production stoppages at tissue mill in Italy
19 Jul 2016 − Prices for newsprint in the UK are increasing from July onward after market players quickly concluded talks.
18 Jul 2016 − Yesterday Södra started up its pulp mill Värö which had been shut down for 10 weeks due to modernisation measures.
- Södra to further increase pulp capacity at Mörrum mill
- Ecocis in receivership, production down
- Lenzing to invest in dissolving pulp capacities in Austria and Czech Republic
14 Jul 2016 − Pro-Gest's Mantua mill in Italy, designed to produce packaging paper in the future, will not start up before the first half of next year.
- Pro-Gest concludes Ondulati Giusti takeover
- Pro-Gest makes winning bid in auction for recycling plant
- Pro-Gest orders packaging paper machine for Mantua mill