15 Aug 2014 − Hansol Paper has acquired shares in Netherlands-based self-adhesive label manufacturer Telrol B.V.
- Pro-Gest leases production sites of Ondulati Giusti
- Andlinger intends to submit public offer for Crown Van Gelder
- Cartiera Galliera eyes takeover of Papeterie de Raon
14 Aug 2014 − Double A is continuing the recovery process on the French Alizay site. The company has now brought back the Evolve paper brand.
- Double A to restart pulp production in Alizay
- Wepa to invest €50m in new PMs in Marsberg and Lille
- Buyers of publication papers in France seeking lower prices from 1 July
13 Aug 2014 − Rock-Tenn Company has announced investments in the pulp production at the Stevenson and the Demopolis mills.
12 Aug 2014 − Core and coreboard manufacturers in Germany are reporting unusually strong business at the start of August and are thinking about price hikes in September.
12 Aug 2014 − Ordinary grades were readily available on the Polish market in July despite the summer holiday season.
11 Aug 2014 − Youbisheng Green Paper is considering filing for insolvency. Its financial situation and the recent resignation of CEO Haibo Huang led to this announcement.
- SCA’s transfer of Chinese hygiene business to Vinda approved
- Lee & Man commissions new PM for recycled CCM
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
08 Aug 2014 − Italy's Reno de Medici has significantly increased its profits for the first half of the year thanks to reduced production costs. Deliveries fell a little and caused a minor reduction in sale
- Careo to rebuild board machine in Santa Giustina
- Sequana more than doubles its net loss in H1
- Portucel delivers more but posts lower results in first half
06 Aug 2014 − A leading fine paper producer will in future directly supply printing companies with sheets of woodfree coated paper, a decision which caused an uproar on the German fine paper market.
05 Aug 2014 − Newsprint and magazine paper manufacturers had to bow to their customers' demands and bring their prices a little closer to those charged in many Continental European markets.
05 Aug 2014 − Decor paper prices mostly remained stable at the beginning of the third quarter on European markets since raw material costs have barely changed and supply and demand are balanced thanks to further idling.
- Price cuts for ordinary recovered paper grades in France
- Currency effects thwart price hike plans for pulp
- UK coated woodfree sheet prices edging higher in October