28 Oct 2016 − The latest earthquake in Central Italy damaged one of Fedrigoni's paper mills.
- No lasting price increase on Italy's coreboard market in Q4
- Q3 coreboard prices virtually unchanged on the market in Italy
- Polesine to rebuild PMs and increase CCM capacity
25 Oct 2016 − In October, ordinary recovered paper grades saw another price drop on the French market.
25 Oct 2016 − Against the backdrop of the newest decrease of the pound against the euro, newsprint manufacturers aim for a higher increase on the British market than in continental Europe.
24 Oct 2016 − The recycling rate for paper and board in Europe has reached a new record of 71.5% in 2015. This exceeds the goal set by the ERPC.
20 Oct 2016 − After years of standstill, production of deinked pulp at Ecocis in France was started in June. Now, production is down again. The company is in receivership.
- Ecocis' deinked pulp mill in France to start-up soon
- Ontex opens new incontinence products facility in France
- Producers aim for SC paper price hike in France
Norske Skog remains committed to tissue project at Bruck mill, plans €30/t price hike for newsprint in Europe in 2017
19 Oct 2016 − The market balance for publication paper in Europe is favourable with modest demand declines and reduced supply due to capacity closures, according to Norske Skog. The company will seek price hikes for all publication...
18 Oct 2016 − There is currently strong demand on the market for kraft packaging paper in Germany. However, prices have remained stable.
17 Oct 2016 − Spanish paper and packaging manufacturer Saica is acquiring Dublin-based Americk Packaging.
- SAICA acquires Centroplast Group
- Saica Pack to invest €250 million in European operations
- Paprinsa goes ahead with €13.5 million investment programme
13 Oct 2016 − Hamburger Rieger, a Prinzhorn Holding company, has started the approval procedure for the second containerboard machine at its site in Spremberg, Germany. However, final decision on the future home for the new...
13 Oct 2016 − Rising spot prices are bolstering caustic soda (NaOH) manufacturers’ attempts to charge more for contract business in the fourth quarter. Unscheduled production stoppages as well as scheduled downtime have trimmed...