10 Nov 2014 − In order to reduce air pollution during the Asia Pacific Economic Forum (APEC) in Beijing, several companies from different sectors were ordered by the government to take a two week downtime. Orient Paper is among these...
- Valmet to supply new tissue line to Lee & Man
- SCA’s transfer of Chinese hygiene business to Vinda approved
- Youbisheng Green Paper plans to file for insolvency
06 Nov 2014 − SCA gives up flexible packaging paper production at the Mannheim mill in order to concentrate on tissue and sanitary paper products.
06 Nov 2014 − The acquisition of Andopack is a customer-led decision; the customers wanted the company to have a greater presence in Spain, says Miles Roberts, CEO of DS Smith.
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
- DS Smith buys Middleton Recycling, Middleton Paper invests in sheeter
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
05 Nov 2014 − Determination shown by many a woodfree coated paper manufacturer seems to be finally paying off. The vast majority of customers in Italy has been paying more for coated fine paper since October, reports say.
- USW and four US paper manufacturers make move against “unfair” uncoated paper imports
- Sequana finds buyer for Appleton Coated
- New owner of Uetersen mill presents business plan
05 Nov 2014 − A few contract prices for titanium dioxide ended up falling slightly again in negotiations for deliveries in the final quarter of the year.
- Titanium dioxide prices tending lower in Q1
- UK government presses ahead with plain cigarette packaging
- Spanish competition authority levies €98m in fines
04 Nov 2014 − Medica Packaging Limited has separated from the Benson Group and became an independent specialist packaging provider.
- MPS to acquire Presentation Products Group
- UPM to slash publication paper capacity by 800,000 t
- Essentra to acquire Clondalkin Specialist Packaging Division
03 Nov 2014 − Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd has ordered an Advantage DCT 200HS tissue line from Valmet.
- Lee & Man commissions new PM for recycled CCM
- Pratt Industries orders paper machine for greenfield mill
- Pantos and ICT quit cooperation in Germany
31 Oct 2014 − Canadian newsprint and magazine paper producer Catalyst Paper has entered into an agreement to purchase two US paper mills from NewPage for $74.0m.
30 Oct 2014 − BillerudKorsnäs will invest SEK260m to increase the production capacity of brown sack paper in Skärblacka in 2015.
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
- Holmen CEO Magnus Hall steps down
29 Oct 2014 − The decision is taken following consideration of responses made by the companies to the Statement of Objections, presentations at the oral hearing and, in particular, the information provided in response to the...
- Ahlstrom to start co-operation negotiations at Kauttua site
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
- EU Commission sends warning to Munksjö and Ahlstrom