09 Oct 2014 − Austrian special paper producer Brigl & Bergmeister has withdrawn its application to the German Federal Cartel Office (FCO) for approval of the merger with Stora Enso's Uetersen paper mill. Both companies informed that...
- Stora Enso sells Uetersen mill to German private equity Perusa
- Stora Enso completes sale of Corenso to Powerflute
- Stora Enso to sell Corenso to Powerflute
08 Oct 2014 − Electrolysis plants would like to see NaOH prices go up for deliveries as of October but there is no clear trend discernible ahead of fourth-quarter contract negotiations.
- Titanium dioxide prices tending lower in Q1
- Caustic soda (NaOH) prices still under pressure in third quarter
- Unexpected drop in caustic soda prices in the new year
07 Oct 2014 − Coreboard demand on the domestic market was reported as relatively stable over the past few months. Higher prices sometimes instituted in September were reportedly fuelled by healthy demand on export markets.
- Coreboard manufacturers in Italy put
finishing touches to mark-ups in Q4
- Mixed paper prices in Italy down on ample supply
- Producers want to charge more for CWF paper in Italy
07 Oct 2014 − French commercial court of Epinal has extended the observation period for the ailing packaging paper maker Papeterie de Raon.
06 Oct 2014 − Joint venture OOO Mayak-Technocell (MTC) is poised to invest in a new paper machine in Penza, Russia over the next two years.
02 Oct 2014 − DS Smith has acquired the Recycling Divison of Middleton Paper for an undisclosed sum.
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
- DS Smith takes over Andopack to grow in corrugated in Spain
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
01 Oct 2014 − Glatfelter announced that today it completed the previously announced acquisition of Spezialpapierfabrik Oberschmitten GmbH from FINSPO Beteiligungs-GmbH for €8.5m.
30 Sep 2014 − In September, suppliers of coated fine paper hope that the good operating rates throughout central Europe will provide a sound basis for the price negotiations in Poland.
30 Sep 2014 − Finnish Stora Enso will sell its core and coreboard business Corenso to fellow Finnish Powerflute.
29 Sep 2014 − Smurfit Kappa Group has agreed to acquire Texas-based Bates Container, a non-integrated corrugated packaging manufacturer.
- Smurfit Kappa to switch PM1 in Sangüesa mill to MG paper
- MPS to acquire Presentation Products Group
- Caraustar to take over Newark Group