08 Aug 2014 − Italy's Reno de Medici has significantly increased its profits for the first half of the year thanks to reduced production costs. Deliveries fell a little and caused a minor reduction in sale
- Careo to rebuild board machine in Santa Giustina
- Sequana more than doubles its net loss in H1
- Portucel delivers more but posts lower results in first half
06 Aug 2014 − A leading fine paper producer will in future directly supply printing companies with sheets of woodfree coated paper, a decision which caused an uproar on the German fine paper market.
05 Aug 2014 − Newsprint and magazine paper manufacturers had to bow to their customers' demands and bring their prices a little closer to those charged in many Continental European markets.
05 Aug 2014 − Decor paper prices mostly remained stable at the beginning of the third quarter on European markets since raw material costs have barely changed and supply and demand are balanced thanks to further idling.
04 Aug 2014 − Lee & Man has started up its new PM for the production of recycled corrugated case material in July. This adds 320,000 tpy of testliner to the market.
- SCA’s transfer of Chinese hygiene business to Vinda approved
- Youbisheng Green Paper plans to file for insolvency
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
01 Aug 2014 − Sequana has closed the first half of the year with a net loss of €80m. Non-recurring items amounting to €77m are the main reason for the negative development, says the company.
- Sequana in preliminary sale talks for Wizernes and Charavines mills, no comment on Appleton Coated
- Sequana restructures Arjowiggins's Graphic and Creative Papers divisions
- Arjowiggins to sell US Coated division; mulls selling or closing Wizernes coated paper mill in France
31 Jul 2014 − British tissue converter Accrol Papers has announced plans to build its own paper mill in Blackburn.
30 Jul 2014 − Despite a good order situation, prices for label paper in Germany did not change during the second quarter and were also carried over into the third quarter.
29 Jul 2014 − Another downturn in consumption and comparatively high prices in France meant that manufacturers had to grant their customers discounts in contracts for the third quarter or the entire second half.
28 Jul 2014 − Portucel has lowered its results in the first half of the year. While the company increased its deliveries, sales prices during the period declined.