10 May 2016 − Specialty and fine paper producer Ziegler Papier has permanently stopped production on its paper machine.
06 May 2016 − Resolute Forest Products is cutting newsprint capacities. The company announced the closure of one of its newsprint machines at the Augusta mill.
- Weyerhaeuser to sell liquid packaging board business to Nippon Paper
- Verso to close Wickliffe paper mill in Kentucky
- Verso Corporation files for Chapter 11
04 May 2016 − No damage to TM 2 and no casualties reported; supplies to customers will not be affected.
03 May 2016 − Sonoco-Alcore may have found a buyer for its Schweighouse coreboard mill in France. The German Federal Cartel Office reports that holding company Mutares is interested in buying it.
- Mutares acquires Sonoco Schweighouse coreboard mill
- Sonoco-Alcore to sell Schweighouse, France mill
- Downward trend for most magazine paper prices in France in July
03 May 2016 − Prices for coated fine paper are pointing down in Italy due to low demand and strong competition.
- WFU paper prices in Italy continue to decline
- Coreboard prices in Italy slightly up in June
- Downturn in recycled corrugated case material prices comes to a halt in Italy
02 May 2016 − International Paper has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
02 May 2016 − Corrboard will invest £3.5m in an anaerobic digester and become the UK’s first sheet feeder to be self-sufficient for its power needs.
- UK newsprint prices increasing in the wake of pound weakness
- British industry launches "Paper Cup Manifesto"
- DS Smith buying English POS supplier Creo
29 Apr 2016 − Asia Pacific Resources International Limited (APRIL) has signed a MOU with Papier Union and Roxcel worth $50m.
- Södra starting up pulp mill Värö after rebuild
- Pro-Gest postpones start-up of Mantua mill
- DS Smith to increase capacities at Torrejón plant by over 50%
28 Apr 2016 − Stora Enso has decided to commence a feasibility study with the aim of expanding containerboard production at Ostrołęka Mill in Poland by 500,000 tpy
- Stora Enso invests in fluff pulp capacity at Skutskär mill
- Stora Enso to close and divest Suzhou paper mill
- Stora Enso to sell Kabel magazine paper mill in Germany
27 Apr 2016 − Mondi Group has completed the acquisition of Polish sheet plant Simet and intends to install a corrruagor at the site.