04 Jun 2014 − Mondi believes that the combination of its existing network with Graphic Packaging's industrial bags and kraft paper business will create leading bags player in North America.
- Graphic Packaging to acquire Benson Group
- Sistema acquires Segezha Pulp and Paper Mill
- Bank of Moscow acquires Segezha pulp and paper mill
04 Jun 2014 − From 2016, Siam Paper subsidiary Thai Paper Co. will be the first release liner producer in the ASEAN region.
- Nippon Paper and SCG Paper to found another joint venture
- Amcor Tobacco Packaging to close plant in Neumünster, Germany
- Hansol Paper enters into label business
03 Jun 2014 − Prices for ordinary recovered paper grades spiralled lower in Poland in May, slightly later but more dramatically than in other European markets.
- Poland: Recovered paper prices stable despite broad availability in July
- Polish recycled containerboard prices point down in March
- Magazine paper price talks settled in Poland
03 Jun 2014 − Prinzhorn Holding is widening its presence in Germany. The group's takeover of the 205,000 tpy Fritz Peters paper mill has been approved.
- Prinzhorn takes over containerboard plant from Fritz Peters
- Scheufelen to cut its output capacity
- Papierfabrik Schoellershammer to double recycled containerboard capacity
03 Jun 2014 − Ahlstrom has inaugurated a new wallcovering substrates production line at its Binzhou mill in China.
- EU Commission sends warning to Munksjö and Ahlstrom
- Suominen acquires Ahlstrom’s Paulínia nonwovens plant
- Ahlstrom splits up Food and Medical Business
30 May 2014 − Sappi Fine Paper Europe is negotiating the sale of its fine paper mill in Nijmegen. Potential buyers can acquire the facility if they exclude producing the current range of products.
28 May 2014 − A potential buyer has emerged for Stora Enso's French Corbehem magazine paper mill. A sale would prevent the 330,000 t mill from being closed in June.
- Stora Enso names new CEO, postpones Renewable Packaging reorganisation
- Montes del Plata pulp mill starting operations
- Brigl & Bergmeister to acquire Stora Enso Uetersen mill
28 May 2014 − In the wake of mediocre demand, high stocks and increased supply on the French market, prices for brown recycled corrugated case material dropped again in May.
27 May 2014 − Smurfit Kappa will invest €27m in its Sangüesa mill in Northern Spain to transform PM1 producing today 65,000 t of virgin fibre based containerboard, into PM4, which will produce 30,000 t of virgin fibre brown machine...
- Lecta to close Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Anti-trust probe targets Spain's incontinence products market
- Domtar completes takeover of Laboratorios Indas
27 May 2014 − Manufacturers of woodfree uncoated paper had partial success in realising their latest price targets in Italy. Several copy paper producers achieved increases for C- and B-grades in May. Prices of offset grades have...