17 Jul 2014 − More capacity will be taken out of the coated fine paper market against the background of declining overall consumption.
- BASF reorganises paper chemicals business, cuts 50 jobs
- Wepa to invest €50m in new PMs in Marsberg and Lille
- Price hikes for brown kraftliner in Germany still being discussed
15 Jul 2014 − Caustic soda prices seem to weaken further in Western Europe.
- Unexpected drop in caustic soda prices in the new year
- NaOH prices showing signs of lateral movement in Q4
- Starch buyers demand price cuts for Q4
15 Jul 2014 − Producers of recycled corrugated case material are trying to take advantage of a very good order situation and have announced price increases as of 1 August.
14 Jul 2014 − Multi Packaging Solutions (MPS) has acquired British Armstrong Packaging, a producer of specialty rigid boxes.
09 Jul 2014 − DS Smith is to become full owner of the Italian recycling company Italmaceri, currently a joint venture between DS Smith and Burgo. The competition authority has given green light for the deal.
09 Jul 2014 − Paper manufacturers are mulling over a next round of price hikes for woodfree uncoated paper in autumn after attempts to raise prices this spring were far from a resounding success.
08 Jul 2014 − The acquisition of Akzo Nobel's paper chemicals business said to strengthen Kemira's position in the packaging and board industry and in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sonoco to acquire Weidenhammer Packaging Group
- Hansol Paper enters into label business
- Multi Packaging Solutions buys Armstrong Packaging
04 Jul 2014 − There is no future for Torraspapel’s Sarrià de Ter plant. Lecta will close the base paper and uncoated specialty paper mill and transfer production to other sites in Spain.
- Lecta to invest €34 million in Leitza mill
- Torraspapel negotiates closure of Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Lecta divests Merchanting Business in Argentina
02 Jul 2014 − Recycling, paper and packaging group Cascades parts with its uncoated woodfree and security paper business. Specialty Products Group of Cascades will concentrate its future development in the industrial packaging,...