03 Feb 2014 − Finnish technology group Vaahto Group Plc Oyj is going to focus on the Process Technology business in the future.
- UPM expands capacity at Kymi pulp mill − 28 Feb 2014
- Stora Enso to cut magazine paper capacity in Finland − 24 Jan 2014
- Future Valmet to sharpen its focus on biomass based energy production business − 19 Dec 2013
31 Jan 2014 − Smurfit Kappa Facture will take an extended three weeks maintenance downtime at the Kraftliner mill in Biganos in southwestern France.
- Groupe Gascogne launches restructuring project − 22 Apr 2014
- Delion to restart production at former Vertaris mill − 11 Mar 2014
- Employee takeover of Docelles mill fails − 07 Mar 2014
30 Jan 2014 − The German Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt) will not pursue the complaint that Paperlinx Limited and its German subsidiary Deutsche Papier Vertriebs GmbH have brought against it on 4 December 2013, Sappi...
30 Jan 2014 − The Stora Enso cartonboard mill in Skoghall will return to full production in February. Due to the explosion of the recovery boiler, CKB production has been running at a reduced level. Production loss is estimated to be...
29 Jan 2014 − Prices for sawmill residues in Germany came under pressure to due lower demand and rising chip and round-wood imports in the pulp and paper industry.
- UPM Ettringen reaches agreement with Aviretta − 15 Apr 2014
- Spiegel switches from gravure to offset printing − 25 Mar 2014
- Prinzhorn takes over containerboard plant from Fritz Peters − 03 Mar 2014
28 Jan 2014 − An explosion in the recovery boiler on 21 January 2014 has disrupted production at Stora Enso’s Swedish Skoghall mill. Today the situation was still unchanged, a Stora Enso spokesperson told EUWID.
28 Jan 2014 − After a weak fourth quarter, label paper producers on the German market report a good start to the new year as regards demand. Prices also edged up a little, but not as much as producers had hoped.
- Label paper prices move up in Germany − 23 Apr 2014
- Corrugated board industry laments poor earnings in Germany − 18 Mar 2014
- Recycled containerboard prices in Germany tending downwards − 11 Mar 2014
27 Jan 2014 − Great Northern Paper announced a temporary stop in manufacturing due to the current high production costs combined with lower market prices for its products.
- Resolute to Invest USD105 million at Calhoun Paper Mill − 28 Mar 2014
- G-P completes Buckeye Technologies acquisition − 26 Aug 2013
- Summer Industries opens new tubes and cores plant − 12 Aug 2013
24 Jan 2014 − Stora Enso is planning to take 190,000 tpy of coated magazine paper capacity from the market. The company announced its intention to close down a machine at the Veitsiluoto mill.
23 Jan 2014 − Most of the contracts for newsprint deliveries as from 1 January have been signed in the UK. Prices rose a little but some producers had hoped for more.