|  
News

IP completes acquisition of Sabanci shares in Olmuksa

03 Jan 2013 − 

International Paper becomes majority shareholder in the corrugated packaging company Olmuksa in Turkey.

International Paper (IP) has finalised the acquisition of a 43.7% stake in the Turkish joint venture company Olmuksa owned by the JV partner Sabanci Holding for a total consideration of TRL101.2m ($56m) or TRL7.1 per share. The transaction sees International Paper become the majority shareholder, holding approximately 87.5 percent of Olmuksa's outstanding shares and triggers a mandatory call for tender of the remaining 12.5% of public float, IP explained.

According to IP, the Turkish corrugated market is currently the 7th largest in Europe with expected average annual growth rates of above 5%. "The country is also strategically positioned to serve as potential growth platform to the Middle-East", the Memphis-based company said.

Olmuksa International Paper Sabanci joint venture was established in 1998 and is said to be a market leader in corrugated packaging in Turkey. The company runs two recycled containerboard mills and six corrugated box plants.


EUWID Pulp and Paper keeps busy professionals up-to-date on the latest news from European pulp and paper markets.

⇒ Test EUWID Pulp and Paper free of charge and without any obligation by clicking here.

previous − Papeterie des Chatelles exits receivership

Graphic Packaging completes Contego and A&R Carton aquisitions  − next