|  
News

Ex-Arjowiggins mill Le Bourray to make recycled tissue from July

Papeterie Le Bourray will add recycled tissue to its portfolio
21 Feb 2020 − 

The former Arjowiggins paper mill Le Bourray will start recycled tissue production this year and will then be able to make tissue from both pulp and recoverd paper.

French company Papeterie Le Bourray will add recycled tissue to its portfolio in the coming months. The mill, which Arjowiggins sold to the owners of tissue products manufacturer CGMP last year, currently produces only tissue on a vigin-fibre basis. The owner Céline Bourdin told EUWID that rebuild work had already started. After an eight day stoppage sometime in spring, the rebuilt machines are scheduled to start-up in July this year. They will then be able to make tissue paper made from both chemical pulp and recovered paper.

The capacity of the machines will not change, says the company. The mill's two machines can together produce up to 30,000 tpy of tissue paper. Papeterie Le Bourray has 116 employees. A third machine, which used to make recycled graphic paper at the time the mill was operated by Arjowiggins, was idled.

The Bourdin family - the owners of CGMP - acquired the Le Bourray mill, which is located only 20 km from CMPG's converting site, in April 2019 from Arjowiggins. Arjowiggins had opened receivership proceedings for some of its French subsidiaries and parted with the corresponding production facilities. The owners decided to operate the mill as a separate entity under the name of Papeterie Le Bourray. At the time, the company already announced it was planning to start producing recycled tissue at the site.

About 10 per cent of Papeterie Le Bourray's output is used by CMPG for the production of tissue products. The remaining 90 per cent are sold on the market. CMPG is a manufacturer of table cloths and napkins. The company produces up to 10 million napkins and 2000 km of table cloth per day and employs around 140 people.

EUWID Pulp and Paper keeps busy professionals up-to-date on the latest news from international pulp and paper markets.

Test EUWID Pulp and Paper free of charge and without any obligation by clicking here.

Tags of this news:

previous − Burgo Verzuolo resumes recycled containerboard production

Cepi members produce 3 per cent less paper and board in 2019  − next