09 Dec 2016 − The new site in Dourges will combine production activities of Ontex's French plants Wasquehal and Arras into one "state-of-the-art facility." Transfer of production equipment to be completed next year.
08 Dec 2016 − Staples' European business generates annual sales of €1.7bn. Staples' will retain a 15% stake in the company.
07 Dec 2016 − USITC determined that material injury to the domestic industry was likely to continue or recur after revocation of the existing ADD and CVD orders.
- Weyerhaeuser to sell liquid packaging board business to Nippon Paper
- Resolute to shut down newsprint machine in Augusta
- Verso to close Wickliffe paper mill in Kentucky
06 Dec 2016 − The new folding boxboard capacities are having a noticeable impact and causing producers to be more willing to compromise on next year's pricing in Germany.
06 Dec 2016 − Amid shrinking demand for woodfree coated papers in Poland, prices have eroded month on month in the second half of the year.
05 Dec 2016 − Schumacher Packaging has acquired the entire Fabryka Papieru Myszków site and will rebuild the former newsprint PM to recycled containerboard production, startup scheduled for 2019.
02 Dec 2016 − According to ENCE, the $10/t price hike will lift bleached eucalyptus kraft pulp prices to $675/t.
02 Dec 2016 − International Paper (IP) expects annual synergies of approximately $175m by the end of 2018; puts one-time costs at $85m.
- ENCE announces BEK pulp price increase effective 1 January 2017
- Kaicell Fibers to build new pulp and biorefinery site in Paltamo
- Ecocis in receivership, production down
01 Dec 2016 − Titanium dioxide manufacturers are pushing for additional price hikes for deliveries in the first quarter of 2017, due to inflationary pressures associated with raw material costs.
30 Nov 2016 − Paper machine was restarted two weeks after fire
- Saica to take over Americk Packaging
- Producers having hard time increasing WFU paper prices in the UK
- UK newsprint prices increasing in the wake of pound weakness