17 Feb 2017 − Arnauld Demoulin will become the new CEO of Van Genechten Packaging. He takes over from Inge Plochaet.
16 Feb 2017 − More SC paper capacities are to be taken from the European market. After UPM and Heinzel, Stora Enso has now also announced plans to cut capacities by closing a PM at Kvarnsveden with a capacity of 100,000 tpy. This...
Sequana files for creditor protection, plans to float Antalis and divest Arjowiggins Security division
15 Feb 2017 − Antalis-IPO and the sale of Arjowiggins Security are part of Sequana's strategic plan that should secure financial means necessary to meet the company's obligations and enable it to exit creditor protection with two to...
- Sequana to appeal ruling in legal dispute with BAT
- Sequana to sell Arjowiggins Healthcare
- Antalis taking over Swan Paper, Gregersen and TFM
15 Feb 2017 − CEPI has announced preliminary production figures for 2016. The decline in output of graphic grades in CEPI countries persists while production of packaging grades continues to rise.
14 Feb 2017 − Manufacturers are having no doubts about the success of their price plans for February and do not exclude further price hikes for March deliveries.
14 Feb 2017 − High Court of Justice determined that Sequana had to pay $138m in remedy to British American Tobacco but granted the company a stay of execution on the first instance order.
10 Feb 2017 − The fatal incident is expected to result in a one-week delay in maintenance work on PM 1 but the machine will then resume full operation.
- Recycled containerboard prices are on the rise in Germany
- Price negotiations kick off on the kraftliner market in Germany
- Stora Enso to increase capacities at Heinola mill
09 Feb 2017 − Company is seeking to improve its position to diversify its business
- Norske Skog remains committed to tissue project at Bruck mill, plans €30/t price hike for newsprint in Europe in 2017
- Rotocart taps Valmet to deliver rewinder unit for new converting facility in Castelminio di Resana
- Norske Skog and Rotocart end tissue JV at Bruck mill in Austria
09 Feb 2017 − Additional volumes of brown kraftliner are reportedly difficult to source are already featuring a list price upcharge.
08 Feb 2017 − Prices for coated and uncoated fine papers could increase by up to 9 % in Europe if manufacturers get their way.