22 Aug 2014 − The recovered paper warehouse of International Paper's Kwidzyn mill in Poland was hit by a fire. The company says that newsprint production was not affected by the incident.
- International Paper to close Courtland fine paper mill
- IP kicks off share buyback programme
- Hanke Tissue to commission new TM in late March
20 Aug 2014 − Despite good capacity utilisation rates, producers of hygiene paper were rarely successful in their attempts to increase prices during the second quarter.
19 Aug 2014 − Amcor Tobacco Packaging will close the German plant in Neumünster by the end of 2014, but announced to build a greenfield tobacco packaging facility in Indonesia.
- Careo to rebuild board machine in Santa Giustina
- Caraustar to take over Newark Group
- RockTenn to separate paper and packaging businesses
18 Aug 2014 − Pratt Industries has placed an order with Valmet for the supply of a containerboard paper machine at the greenfield paper mill in Valparaiso, USA.
15 Aug 2014 − Hansol Paper has acquired shares in Netherlands-based self-adhesive label manufacturer Telrol B.V.
- Hansol Paper takes over Schades Group
- Multi Packaging Solutions buys Armstrong Packaging
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
14 Aug 2014 − Double A is continuing the recovery process on the French Alizay site. The company has now brought back the Evolve paper brand.
- Double A to restart pulp production in Alizay
- Buyers of publication papers in France seeking lower prices from 1 July
- Munksjö to upgrade PM 6 at La Gère paper mill
13 Aug 2014 − Rock-Tenn Company has announced investments in the pulp production at the Stevenson and the Demopolis mills.
- Amcor Tobacco Packaging to close plant in Neumünster, Germany
- Hansol Paper enters into label business
- RDM boosts net profit in the first half
12 Aug 2014 − Core and coreboard manufacturers in Germany are reporting unusually strong business at the start of August and are thinking about price hikes in September.
12 Aug 2014 − Ordinary grades were readily available on the Polish market in July despite the summer holiday season.
- Recovered paper prices on Polish market decline in May
- Polish recycled containerboard prices point down in March
- Magazine paper price talks settled in Poland
11 Aug 2014 − Youbisheng Green Paper is considering filing for insolvency. Its financial situation and the recent resignation of CEO Haibo Huang led to this announcement.
- Lee & Man commissions new PM for recycled CCM
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
- China confirms AD duties on dissolving pulp