31 Oct 2014 − Canadian newsprint and magazine paper producer Catalyst Paper has entered into an agreement to purchase two US paper mills from NewPage for $74.0m.
30 Oct 2014 − BillerudKorsnäs will invest SEK260m to increase the production capacity of brown sack paper in Skärblacka in 2015.
- Investment AB Kinnevik divests shareholdings in BillerudKorsnäs
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
29 Oct 2014 − The decision is taken following consideration of responses made by the companies to the Statement of Objections, presentations at the oral hearing and, in particular, the information provided in response to the...
- Ahlstrom to start co-operation negotiations at Kauttua site
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
- EU Commission sends warning to Munksjö and Ahlstrom
29 Oct 2014 − Fedrigoni's stock market flotation has failed for the time being but "listing on the financial market still remains a strategic objective" for the company.
- Fedrigoni launches stock exchange listing in Italy
- Pro-Gest leases production sites of Ondulati Giusti
- Wepa to invest €50m in new PMs in Marsberg and Lille
28 Oct 2014 − The month of October ushered in lower prices for ordinary recovered paper grades in France, even though no major upheaval had been seen.
- France: newsprint prices heading lower mid-year
- More price cuts for brown recycled containerboard on the French market
- Prices for ordinary RCP grades point down in France
28 Oct 2014 − Pulp manufacturers are feeling the effects of the strong dollar against the euro. Reports from the market say that buyers of NBSK and eucalyptus pulp are standing firm against a price hike.
- Price increase for hardwood pulp being ruled out for September
- No prospect of a turnaround on the European pulp market in July
- Suppliers of hardwood pulp under pressure
24 Oct 2014 − Groupe Hamelin intends to cut costs at its Canson subsidiary in France. As a result, 58 out of 270 jobs are to be eliminated at the beginning of next year.
21 Oct 2014 − Prices for coated and uncoated woodfree papers are showing contrasting pricing trends at present.
21 Oct 2014 − Spanish company Ence Energía y Celulosa (Ence) halted production at its Huelva pulp mill for good on 19 October, 2014.
- Lecta to invest €34 million in Leitza mill
- Lecta to close Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Smurfit Kappa to switch PM1 in Sangüesa mill to MG paper
16 Oct 2014 − Last April, paper manufacturer Arjowiggins, part of the holding firm Sequana, had started a restructuring process for its Arjowiggins Graphic and Arjowiggins Creative divisions in Europe. Consequently, the company put...