30 Sep 2014 − In September, suppliers of coated fine paper hope that the good operating rates throughout central Europe will provide a sound basis for the price negotiations in Poland.
30 Sep 2014 − Finnish Stora Enso will sell its core and coreboard business Corenso to fellow Finnish Powerflute.
- Stora Enso names new CEO, postpones Renewable Packaging reorganisation
- Montes del Plata pulp mill starting operations
- Stora Enso in talks with Valpaco about sale of Corbehem
29 Sep 2014 − Smurfit Kappa Group has agreed to acquire Texas-based Bates Container, a non-integrated corrugated packaging manufacturer.
- Smurfit Kappa to switch PM1 in Sangüesa mill to MG paper
- Caraustar to take over Newark Group
- British converters paying more for brown containerboard in September
26 Sep 2014 − New tissue machine adds 35,000 tpy of bathroom tissue, napkin and towel grades to STG's existing production capacity.
25 Sep 2014 − BASF's paper chemicals operations to be continued in other performance products divisions to improve efficiency and increase competitiveness.
25 Sep 2014 − Kruger is to reduce its annual production capacity by 100,000 t, in a response to falling demand for newsprint.
24 Sep 2014 − Starch prices in Western Europe are under pressure. Buyers ask for cuts in the fourth quarter in response to falling raw material prices.
23 Sep 2014 − Coreboard in Germany could become more expensive as from the beginning of October. A price hike has been officially announced but according to reports not all converters have been informed of such a move.
23 Sep 2014 − Amidst lively demand and scant supply, prices for brown recycled corrugated case material in the UK went up in September.
22 Sep 2014 − Cascades will disclose additional information about the production start-up at Norampac and Greenpac mills as soon as it is known.
- Cascades exits fine and security paper business
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
- Smurfit Kappa to buy Bates Container