26 May 2015 − Walki Group has entered an agreement with Mondi Group to sell its Pietarsaari facility in Finland and the Wroclaw facility in Poland. These two mills constitute the major part of Walki’s Industrial Packaging...
- Mondi to close Lohja specialty kraft paper mill
- Mondi to close Silicart release liner plant in Italy
- Mondi to idle machine for the production of release liner
22 May 2015 − The European Commission has approved the acquisition of Duropack of Austria, by DS Smith of United Kingdom.
- DS Smith to acquire Duropack for €300m
- DS Smith might sell its Nantes paper mill
- DS Smith takes over Andopack to grow in corrugated in Spain
21 May 2015 − Mission completed. Metsä Board finalises divestment of its loss-making Gohrsmühle paper mill in Germany.
20 May 2015 − Fedrigoni says acquisition of Arjowigins Ltda will boost company's sales to €1bn in 2016.
19 May 2015 − A whole raft of manufacturers have informed their customers that they intend to charge more for LWC and woodfree grades from 1 July onwards.
19 May 2015 − It appears that the producers of recycled corrugated case material (CCM) failed again in May to implement their planned hike in Germany.
18 May 2015 − Paperlinx has found a buyer for its Polish operations. The company will sell its Zing subsidiary to a local consortium.
- Paperlinx Benelux enters insolvency proceedings
- Paperlinx UK companies placed in voluntary administration
- Paperlinx to sell Spicers Canada and withdraw from Canadian market
13 May 2015 − Swedish pulp producer Rottneros plans to increase production capacities at the Rottneros and Vallvik pulp mills.
- Rottneros posts SEK39m profit in first half-year
- Vietracimex to build pulp mill in Vietnam
- IP to expand fluff pulp capacity at Riegelwood mill
12 May 2015 − Uncoated fine paper has become more expensive in Germany in April. Manufacturers were able to increase prices amidst the background of short supply.
- Still no price hike for recycled CCM in Germany in May
- Label paper suppliers have second go at price increase in Germany
- White envelope paper sells cheaper in Q1
06 May 2015 − One week after Scottish paper manufacturer Tullis Russell Papermakers Ltd filed for insolvency, the first suitors have come forward to express interest in a potential acquisition.
- Tullis Russell Papermakers in administration
- SKG to sell part of its Solidboard and Graphicboard operations
- SKG and Logson Group agree on Inspirepac-deal