07 Apr 2016 − After being unsuccessful to find a buyer, Verso has decided to close down its Wickliffe paper mill. The site has a capacity of 259,000 tpy and has already been standing still since November.
- Verso Corporation files for Chapter 11
- Weyerhaeuser to sell liquid packaging board
business to Nippon Paper
- Resolute to shut down newsprint machine in Augusta
05 Apr 2016 − The Italian recovered paper market was showing the first signs of mark-ups in March. Minor price increases materialised for ordinary grades, although not all contracts were affected.
05 Apr 2016 − After a poor order inflow in January and February, manufacturers had to roll back the hikes for woodfree coated sheets in Germany in March.
04 Apr 2016 − Reno di Medici will upgrade board machine 3 at its subsidiary RdM Arnsberg.
04 Apr 2016 − Oji Imaging Media will expand thermal paper production capacity at Oji Papéis Especiais by 10 %.
- Klabin kicks of production at new 1.5 million t pulp mill
- Stora Enso parts with LWC mill in Brazil
- SCA invests SEK650m in Brazil
31 Mar 2016 − Industry representatives are largely satisfied with order volumes in the first quarter of the year; expect positive demand development in the second quarter.
30 Mar 2016 − In view of the prolonged weakness of the pound sterling, fine paper manufacturers want to implement higher prices on the UK market in April.
30 Mar 2016 − EUWID respondents report a price increase for coldset newsprint paper in six-month and annual contracts in Germany, but say manufacturers still cannot be satisfied with current price levels.
29 Mar 2016 − DS Smith has expanded its corrugated packaging operations in the UK. The company acquired TRM Packaging.
- DS Smith buying English POS supplier Creo
- DS Smith to acquire Gopaca
- DS Smith to raise recycled containerboard output at Aschaffenburg mill in Germany
24 Mar 2016 − Several market experts expect prices for bulk recovered paper grades to become dearer again in April.