26 Sep 2014 − New tissue machine adds 35,000 tpy of bathroom tissue, napkin and towel grades to STG's existing production capacity.
25 Sep 2014 − BASF's paper chemicals operations to be continued in other performance products divisions to improve efficiency and increase competitiveness.
25 Sep 2014 − Kruger is to reduce its annual production capacity by 100,000 t, in a response to falling demand for newsprint.
24 Sep 2014 − Starch prices in Western Europe are under pressure. Buyers ask for cuts in the fourth quarter in response to falling raw material prices.
- Starch producers pushing for price hikes in Q1 2015
- Western European starch market showing tendency towards rising prices
- Thermal paper prices are on a downward trend in Europe
23 Sep 2014 − Coreboard in Germany could become more expensive as from the beginning of October. A price hike has been officially announced but according to reports not all converters have been informed of such a move.
23 Sep 2014 − Amidst lively demand and scant supply, prices for brown recycled corrugated case material in the UK went up in September.
- MPS to acquire Presentation Products Group
- UPM to slash publication paper capacity by 800,000 t
- Essentra to acquire Clondalkin Specialist Packaging Division
22 Sep 2014 − Cascades will disclose additional information about the production start-up at Norampac and Greenpac mills as soon as it is known.
- Graphic Packaging to acquire assets of Cascades' Norampac Division for $39m
- Cascades exits fine and security paper business
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
19 Sep 2014 − Spanish Sarriopapel y Celulosa, which is part of the Lecta group, is going to invest €34 million in the Leitza mill in northern Spain.
- Lecta to close Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Torraspapel negotiates closure of Sarrià de Ter paper mill
- Ence shuts down production at Huelva pulp mill
18 Sep 2014 − The Wepa Group will be investing in two tissue paper machines with a combined total capacity of 64,000 tons annually.
16 Sep 2014 − Many manufacturers as well as the interviewed converters currently see no possibility at all for mark-ups on BHKP.
- Hardwood pulp prices continue upward trend
- Currency effects thwart price hike plans for pulp
- No prospect of a turnaround on the European pulp market in July