12 Mar 2013 − The German pellet industry is planning to press for marked reductions in sawdust prices, demand for TMP woodchips is exceeding supply.
11 Mar 2013 − Chinese paper and board manufacturer Shandong Sun Paper will start producing tissue. The company plans to form a joint venture with Yanzhou Xudong and to install two new tissue facilities.
08 Mar 2013 − Papyrus will exit envelope manufacturing business to focus on its core paper distributing business.
- Papyrus aquires Norwegian Arto Emballasje − 27 Jan 2012
- Mayer-Kuvert strengthens its position on the envelope market − 29 Sep 2011
07 Mar 2013 − Smurfit Kappa Group plans to modernise printing and material handling equipment at its Yate, Bristol corrugated packaging facility in order to offer better quality post print and flexographic packaging.
- Fire hits SKG paper mill in Birmingham − 18 Apr 2013
- SKG invests in corrugated converting equipment in Italy − 02 Apr 2013
- Smurfit Kappa Group's profits up in 2012 − 11 Feb 2013
07 Mar 2013 − The companies of discontinued Viscose segment of Neo Industrial Plc, Avilon Fibres Ltd and Carbatec Ltd, have filed for bankruptcy.
06 Mar 2013 − The use of recovered paper in paper production in Europe has declined again in 2012. CEPI members also produced less paper and especially graphic paper year-on-year.
05 Mar 2013 − Price increases were on the cards on the Italian recycled containerboard market in February. Paper manufacturers say they are pushing for additional price hikes for deliveries in March.
- Prices for ordinary and medium RCP grades in Italy up − 30 Apr 2013
- Coated woodfree paper prices trending higher in Italy − 30 Apr 2013
- Newsprint contracts settled in Italy − 27 Mar 2013
05 Mar 2013 − After a review of its business units, Groupe Gascogne has decided not to sell its complete Laminates division. The company intends to keep its Dax and Linnich sites in France and Germany.
- UPM Raflatac to acquire Gascogne’s labelstock operations in Switzerland − 01 Jun 2012
- Ahlstrom now produces low-grammage papers in Stenay − 15 Apr 2013
- Sequana slips deeper into the red in FY 2012 − 28 Mar 2013
04 Mar 2013 − Against the background of declining consumption prices for magazine paper continued to be under pressure in the latest round of price talks.
01 Mar 2013 − Back in November 2012, the goal was to fully take over the Swedish pulp producer Rottneros. The project, however, proved more difficult than anticipated.
- Arctic Paper increases its share in Rottneros to 51.6% − 08 Feb 2013
- Rottneros still in the red in FY2012 but results improved − 25 Jan 2013
- Arctic Paper makes offer to take over Rottneros − 07 Nov 2012