06 Jun 2014 − After several delays, Stora Enso's and Arauco's joint Montes del Plata pulp mill is now starting operations. The project has received the necessary approval form the environmental authority.
05 Jun 2014 − Burgo has announced the approval of its new Industrial Action Plan for the 2014-2018 period. The company is planning to invest €250m and take measures to adjust capacity.
- Burgo closes Avezzano fine paper mill
- DS Smith to buy Burgo's stake in recycling firm Italmaceri
- Pro-Gest and IP show interest in Burgo's Mantua mill
04 Jun 2014 − Mondi believes that the combination of its existing network with Graphic Packaging's industrial bags and kraft paper business will create leading bags player in North America.
- Mondi to idle machine for the production of release liner
- Graphic Packaging to acquire Benson Group
- Sistema acquires Segezha Pulp and Paper Mill
04 Jun 2014 − From 2016, Siam Paper subsidiary Thai Paper Co. will be the first release liner producer in the ASEAN region.
- SCA’s transfer of Chinese hygiene business to Vinda approved
- FSC intends to waive compulsory use of OCP
- APP reviews raw material supply to its pulp mills
03 Jun 2014 − Prices for ordinary recovered paper grades spiralled lower in Poland in May, slightly later but more dramatically than in other European markets.
- Poland: Recovered paper prices stable despite broad availability in July
- Polish recycled containerboard prices point down in March
- Magazine paper price talks settled in Poland
03 Jun 2014 − Prinzhorn Holding is widening its presence in Germany. The group's takeover of the 205,000 tpy Fritz Peters paper mill has been approved.
- Prinzhorn takes over containerboard plant from Fritz Peters
- Prices for brown recycled containerboard in Germany up in August
- Sonoco to acquire Weidenhammer Packaging Group
03 Jun 2014 − Ahlstrom has inaugurated a new wallcovering substrates production line at its Binzhou mill in China.
- EU Commission sends warning to Munksjö and Ahlstrom
- Suominen acquires Ahlstrom’s Paulínia nonwovens plant
- Ahlstrom splits up Food and Medical Business
30 May 2014 − Sappi Fine Paper Europe is negotiating the sale of its fine paper mill in Nijmegen. Potential buyers can acquire the facility if they exclude producing the current range of products.
28 May 2014 − A potential buyer has emerged for Stora Enso's French Corbehem magazine paper mill. A sale would prevent the 330,000 t mill from being closed in June.
- Stora Enso names new CEO, postpones Renewable Packaging reorganisation
- Montes del Plata pulp mill starting operations
- Brigl & Bergmeister to acquire Stora Enso Uetersen mill
28 May 2014 − In the wake of mediocre demand, high stocks and increased supply on the French market, prices for brown recycled corrugated case material dropped again in May.