18 Jan 2017 − The combination of businesses of GELE and ITEDI would reportedly create the leading player in the Italian media and newspaper publishing sector with annual sales of approximately €750m.
17 Jan 2017 − NaOH producers quarrel with increasing costs and low mark-ups in 2016; say reduced supply supportive of higher prices.
17 Jan 2017 − Alizay paper mill produces uncoated woodfree offset and office paper and recycled copy paper. The decision to temporarily halt paper production was triggered by high inventory levels, according to Filpac CGT trade...
16 Jan 2017 − Fine paper producer Lecta confirms that it has engaged advisors to explore a potential strategic corporate transaction.
16 Jan 2017 − More recycled corrugated case material manufacturers are set to increase their prices for brown packaging paper grades. The companies cite current good demand as the main reason for price hikes.
13 Jan 2017 − Coated fine paper market needs consolidation, market insiders say
12 Jan 2017 − Metsä Wood parts with its wood element business; agrees with Lapwall on multi-year delivery contract for laminated veneer lumber and spruce plywood.
- Sequana files for creditor protection, plans to float Antalis and divest Arjowiggins Security division
- Lecta confirms exploration of potential strategic corporate transaction
- CVC Capital Partners planning to sell or float stake in Lecta, financial news sources report
11 Jan 2017 − The investment projects are meant to develop new products for packaging, consumer goods and industrial application, and accelerate the company's "transformation into a renewable materials company," says Stora Enso.
10 Jan 2017 − Germany's packaging paper manufacturer Schoellershammer has announced a €60/t price increase for brown recycled corrugated case materials, effective 1 February 2017.
10 Jan 2017 − NBSK and BEK pulp markets in Western Europe ended 2016 on a quiet note with no movement in prices in December.
- Minor fall in hardwood pulp prices while NBSK pulp remains stable
- Slight mark-ups introduced for NBSK in June
- Stora Enso invests in fluff pulp capacity at Skutskär mill