27 Sep 2013 − Pascal Lebar, CEO of Sequana and Antalis, sees this further step towards consolidation in the sector as an opportunity for the company to acquire a critical size in this segment and thereby double its sales volume and...
26 Sep 2013 − More recycled containerboard capacity is coming on stream in France with former Papeterie du Doubs, now Gemdoubs, starting production in early September after being closed for about 16 months.
- Papeterie du Doubs sold, to be restarted in September − 24 Jul 2013
- UPM abandons plan to sell Docelles mill − 04 Dec 2013
- Papeteries du Léman considering short-time work − 18 Nov 2013
25 Sep 2013 − White-top testliner became more expensive in France in September, following up on previous increases introduced for brown recycled grades.
24 Sep 2013 − Native potato starch in short supply due to reduced potato crop. More and more consumers are switching to low-priced alternatives as prices for native potato starch are expected to rise.
- Starch prices under downward pressure in Europe − 03 Jul 2013
- Starch market leaves mixed impressions, competition intensifies − 09 Apr 2013
- Prices for SC paper in the UK set to increase − 10 Dec 2013
24 Sep 2013 − Conrad Jacobson is about to be liquidated. The insolvent Hamburg-based trading company has already sold assets that are not related to its paper trading operations. The last remaining monetisable business assets are now...
23 Sep 2013 − Metso’s Pulp, Paper and Power segment will reduce its worksforce in order to put through a €100m cost reduction program.
- Voith Paper to streamline operations and cut 560 jobs in Austria and Germany − 16 Sep 2013
- Metso to demerge Pulp, Paper and Power business − 31 May 2013
- Ahlstrom splits up Food and Medical Business − 13 Dec 2013
19 Sep 2013 − Following unsuccessful talks with Saray Matbaacilik Kagitcilik, Double A and Oberthur Technologies in 2012, insolvency administrator Borut Soklič is again negotiating the sale of Slovenia's security paper mill Radeče...
18 Sep 2013 − $260m expansion project will add 325,000 t in recycled containerboard capacity and help the company to better serve its customers across the US.
18 Sep 2013 − Copy paper is still selling at summer prices in Germany. In addition to declining consumption, manufacturers say to have to deal with a considerable rise in import volumes from North America and Asia.
17 Sep 2013 − Kraft sack paper producers have no concrete plans to hike prices in the coming quarter, but do not rule out the possibility for a price increase next year.