04 Aug 2014 − Lee & Man has started up its new PM for the production of recycled corrugated case material in July. This adds 320,000 tpy of testliner to the market.
- SCA’s transfer of Chinese hygiene business to Vinda approved
- Youbisheng Green Paper plans to file for insolvency
- Ahlstrom starts wallcovering substrate production in China
01 Aug 2014 − Sequana has closed the first half of the year with a net loss of €80m. Non-recurring items amounting to €77m are the main reason for the negative development, says the company.
- Sequana in preliminary sale talks for Wizernes and Charavines mills, no comment on Appleton Coated
- Sequana restructures Arjowiggins's Graphic and Creative Papers divisions
- Arjowiggins to sell US Coated division; mulls selling or closing Wizernes coated paper mill in France
31 Jul 2014 − British tissue converter Accrol Papers has announced plans to build its own paper mill in Blackburn.
30 Jul 2014 − Despite a good order situation, prices for label paper in Germany did not change during the second quarter and were also carried over into the third quarter.
29 Jul 2014 − Another downturn in consumption and comparatively high prices in France meant that manufacturers had to grant their customers discounts in contracts for the third quarter or the entire second half.
28 Jul 2014 − Portucel has lowered its results in the first half of the year. While the company increased its deliveries, sales prices during the period declined.
23 Jul 2014 − Rottneros has improved its half-year results compared to the first six months of 2013. The company benefited from higher pulp prices and lower operating costs.
- BillerudKorsnäs increases production capacity of brown sack paper
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
- Holmen CEO Magnus Hall steps down
22 Jul 2014 − Woodfree coated paper manufacturers doing business in Italy are no longer willing to accept low prices and narrow margins, and have announced plans to increase their selling prices for all deliveries starting in...
22 Jul 2014 − In July, European NBSK prices remain stable, while pressure seems to persist on the European hardwood pulp market.
- Currency effects thwart price hike plans for pulp
- Price increase for hardwood pulp being ruled out for September
- Suppliers of hardwood pulp under pressure
21 Jul 2014 − In August Careo will idle the board machine at the Santa Giustina mill for a rebuild. As a result, the board's runability and printability will increase.
- Careo seeks new solution for Wednesbury sheeting center
- RDM boosts net profit in the first half
- Fedrigoni scraps IPO as market conditions deteriorate