16 Dec 2014 − Good demand for coreboard has given manufacturers in Italy the possibility to raise prices in the fourth quarter. Some had already implemented mark-ups in September.
12 Dec 2014 − Graphic Packaging Holding Company announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Graphic Packaging International, Inc., has agreed to acquire several folding carton converting and paperboard mill assets from Cascades'...
10 Dec 2014 − Loss-making Gohrsmuehle label and cast coated paper mill in Germany up for sale.
10 Dec 2014 − The Paper Excellence subsidiary cuts coated fine paper capacity from 300,000 tpy to 140,000 tpy.
- Scheufelen to cut its output capacity
- Production down at Lecta's Condat mill due to strike
- Suppliers announce price increase for UWF paper in Germany
09 Dec 2014 − Early December revealed that many market players were right about the forecasts they had made at the end of November for monthly contracts in Europe: Hardwood pulp prices continued to increase this month.
- BEK pulp prices rise further in December
- Currency effects thwart price hike plans for pulp
- Price increase for hardwood pulp being ruled out for September
09 Dec 2014 − Paper mills are striving to maintain current prices in negotiations of 2015 magazine paper prices in Germany, but are facing heavy competition.
08 Dec 2014 − Resolute Forest Products will close down its Iroquois Falls mill and two paper machines in Canada. This will reduce the company's newsprint capacities by 465,000 t.
05 Dec 2014 − Company pursues strategy to reduce the proportion of its net integration of paper manufacture versus the requirements of its corrugated business.
- DS Smith to acquire Duropack for €300m
- DS Smith takes over Andopack to grow in corrugated in Spain
- DS Smith buys Middleton Recycling, Middleton Paper invests in sheeter
04 Dec 2014 − Danish packaging supplier Brødrene Hartmann entered into a binding agreement to acquire South American Sanovo Greenpack for DKK300m (approx. €40m).
- German brown sack kraft paper prices lose ground in Q1
- VPK Packaging on the brink of opening new Polish plants
- Recycled containerboard off to a good start to 2015 in Germany
03 Dec 2014 − Rising competition and flattish demand in POS segment putting pressure on thermal paper prices.