18 May 2016 − Paper manufacturers feel that higher prices for newsprint deliveries from 1 July will definitely be on the table in the UK, regardless of how the EU referendum turns out.
18 May 2016 − The recycled graphic paper market in Germany is mostly stable, but without any positive impetus. Manufacturers are therefore considering expanding other types of activities in their portfolios.
- German recovered paper prices rise markedly in August
- Tough negotiations over second step of kraftliner price inreases in Germany
- Kraftliner prices go up in Germany
EU reviews expiring antidumping and countervailing duties on woodfree coated paper imports from China
17 May 2016 − Five leading European coated fine paper manufacturers have applied for a review of AD and CV duties on imports from China. The companies had provided sufficient evidence that the expiry of the measures would be likely...
13 May 2016 − Bleached eucalyptus kraft (BEK) pulp prices continued on a downward path in April. Manufacturers are preparing now to lift the pulp prices to higher levels again.
12 May 2016 − Grupo Maculart is increasing its capacities for pharmaceutical boxes. The Spanish company has taken over packaging firm Estoig Farmacéutic.
- 2.6% increase in Spain's paper production in 2015
- SAICA acquires Centroplast Group
- DS Smith to increase capacities at Torrejón plant by over 50%
11 May 2016 − Staples will explore strategic alternatives for its European business in order to sharpen its focus and pursue more aggressively its mid-market growth strategy in North America.
11 May 2016 − Recycled containerboard production has been standing still since 4 May. Downtime likely to last for several more days.
10 May 2016 − Italian group Pro-Gest has exercised its pre-emptive right and acquired corrugated packaging producer Ondulati Giusti.
- Pro-Gest postpones start-up of Mantua mill
- Pro-Gest makes winning bid in auction for recycling plant
- Pro-Gest orders packaging paper machine for Mantua mill
10 May 2016 − Specialty and fine paper producer Ziegler Papier has permanently stopped production on its paper machine.
06 May 2016 − Resolute Forest Products is cutting newsprint capacities. The company announced the closure of one of its newsprint machines at the Augusta mill.
- Weyerhaeuser to sell liquid packaging board business to Nippon Paper
- Verso to close Wickliffe paper mill in Kentucky
- Verso Corporation files for Chapter 11