09 Jun 2015 − The pressure on sawdust prices that had already been noticeable at the end of the first quarter remains undiminished in broad sweeps of Germany.
05 Jun 2015 − Norske Skog will take 205,000 t of LWC paper capacity from the market. The company decided to cease operations its loss-making Walsum mill in Germany.
03 Jun 2015 − Recycled containerboard manufacturers' good order books and good demand from the Far East have paved the way for another increase in Italian prices for ordinary recovered paper grades in May.
- Coreboard prices in Italy heading higher
- February marks the end of price discussions on the magazine paper market in Italy
- Coated woodfree paper prices lose more ground in Italy
02 Jun 2015 − Despite machine closures newsprint supply is still too large to lift prices, market insiders report.
- Polish WFU paper prices edge up in July on good demand and limited supply
- Suppliers announce price hikes for UWF paper in Poland
- Poland reports drastic cuts to newsprint prices
01 Jun 2015 − Resolute Forest Products will start producing tissue. The company plans to enter the market by 2017 and to reach a capacity of 60,000 tpy of tissue.
28 May 2015 − Hungary is conducting an anti-trust investigation into seven sellers and distributors of sanitary paper products suspected of price collusion.
- SCA to split the group in two divisions and invest in NBSK pulp capacity at Östrand mill
- SCA invests SEK650m in Brazil
- SCA plans closure of tissue machine at Stubbins mill
28 May 2015 − With manufacturing costs rising and mark-ups so far failing to keep pace, several producers of woodfree coated and uncoated paper are trying to increase prices in Germany.
28 May 2015 − Manufacturers of brown kraftliner succeeded in getting a first instalment of the announced price hike in France.
- Prices for ordinary RCP grades in France go up
- Containerboard manufacturers announce price hikes in France
- Substantial price cuts for publication paper in France
26 May 2015 − Walki Group has entered an agreement with Mondi Group to sell its Pietarsaari facility in Finland and the Wroclaw facility in Poland. These two mills constitute the major part of Walki’s Industrial Packaging...
- Mondi to close Lohja specialty kraft paper mill
- Mondi to close Silicart release liner plant in Italy
- Schumacher Packaging mill in Poland down after fire
22 May 2015 − The European Commission has approved the acquisition of Duropack of Austria, by DS Smith of United Kingdom.
- DS Smith completes takeover of
Grupo Lantero's corrugated business
- DS Smith to take over Grupo Lantero’s
- DS Smith to acquire Duropack for €300m