23 Jul 2014 − Rottneros has improved its half-year results compared to the first six months of 2013. The company benefited from higher pulp prices and lower operating costs.
- Cascades to close down Djupafors plant in late June
- Holmen CEO Magnus Hall steps down
- Skoghall mill to return to full production in February
22 Jul 2014 − Woodfree coated paper manufacturers doing business in Italy are no longer willing to accept low prices and narrow margins, and have announced plans to increase their selling prices for all deliveries starting in...
22 Jul 2014 − In July, European NBSK prices remain stable, while pressure seems to persist on the European hardwood pulp market.
- Price increase for hardwood pulp being ruled out for September
- Suppliers of hardwood pulp under pressure
- Prices for BEK pulp under pressure in spite of brisk demand
21 Jul 2014 − In August Careo will idle the board machine at the Santa Giustina mill for a rebuild. As a result, the board's runability and printability will increase.
- Careo seeks new solution for Wednesbury sheeting center
- RDM boosts net profit in the first half
- Fedrigoni launches stock exchange listing in Italy
18 Jul 2014 − In a major step forward for the use of recycled paper in the magazine industry, the National Geographic Society (NGS) has begun incorporating recycled fibre in all the pages of National Geographic Magazine, National...
17 Jul 2014 − More capacity will be taken out of the coated fine paper market against the background of declining overall consumption.
15 Jul 2014 − Caustic soda prices seem to weaken further in Western Europe.
15 Jul 2014 − Producers of recycled corrugated case material are trying to take advantage of a very good order situation and have announced price increases as of 1 August.
14 Jul 2014 − Multi Packaging Solutions (MPS) has acquired British Armstrong Packaging, a producer of specialty rigid boxes.
09 Jul 2014 − DS Smith is to become full owner of the Italian recycling company Italmaceri, currently a joint venture between DS Smith and Burgo. The competition authority has given green light for the deal.
- DS Smith buys Middleton Recycling, Middleton Paper invests in sheeter
- DS Smith grows revenues and profits in 2013/2014
- Burgo closes Avezzano fine paper mill