Andritz announces a strategic acquisition in the field of nonwoven technology. The company has acquired a 70 % stake in Italy's machine engineering company Diatec. The remaining 30% will remain in the hands of the current shareholding families.
Diatec designs and produces converting machines for the hygiene, medical, and food products industries. The machines are used in the manufacturing process of baby diapers, incontinence and other absorbent products, disposable gloves, but also in food packaging.
Diatec was part of the German technology group of companies Körber Paperlink until the start of the year 2007 when it was acquired in a management buy-out by the two executives Luigi Mancini and Letterio Villari. Andritz said that the Diatec owners and managers would continue with the company.